• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/48 GWH P-61 "Last Shoot Down"

Paulw

I have been off my bubble for quite a while now and have not finished ANY THING in quite while. This being one of the kits that I had started and because of missing and broken parts, messed up decals and a partial pe set that had no instructions. I pulled it down and figured why not just do it in spite of all the issues.
I actually got this done in about a week and a half. Not concerning myself with accuracy or messed up this and that I finally got it finished yesterday.

I chose to paint it OD just because. The panel lines were done with artists pitt pens a light gray was used and I think it looks pretty good if you stand about 6 feet away. Anyway, I feel pretty good about it and am kind of ready to get on to the next kit, what ever that will be I have no idea. A little victory in the fight to keep the Mojo.

Looks pretty good from this far away paul (y)

My only real question would be whether it's an A or B model .

I am under the impression that all the B's were painted in black :idonno but that's what I think and that could be an incomplete though.

Personally , I like the OD one better anyway :D

Congratulations on this completion (y)

Cheers, Christian B)

Looks good to me Paul (y) Some of the ones in the ETO were OD but I haven't a clue what model they were (nor do I care)

That looks great Paul, fantastic job!

Nice to get something done after being in a slump for a bit!

(y)

(y)

A big two thumbs up there Paul! Sometimes you just gotta say "What the firetruck" and do it. Turned out pretty well!

Excellent finish. (y) (y) (y)
Great way to finish the kit.
Over the past few months I have done the same thing.
At one time, (within the last six months), I had 22 unfinished kits sitting around.
I now have narrowed it down to 13. I promised myself not to start any new kits until I was below 10.
Full speed ahead.
Frank

Back