• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Trumpeter Ju 87A in 1/32 (Resuming the build)

Heavens Eagle

Have been pondering on this, would work on the Ju 88A1 I have but it is a started kit. While I have the Ju88A4 kit too, I don't want to start it until the A1 is finished. There are a bunch of things I have done (and will still do) on the A1 that will be an easier follow on for the A4.

No Italieri kits for me. Done with them. UGH! :bang head

Have the Revell Ju 52, but just don't feel like messing with it right now.

Ahh! I have a NEW kit! And Eduard released a small Big Ed set for it a couple of months ago. (Small Big Ed, an oxymoron) :pp

So this will be my first Trumpeter kit. I hope it isn't a dissappointment. I guess we shall see.

Ju87A-001.jpg

Ju87A-002.jpg

Something a little diff for a change.

Last edited:
Not another Junk(y) kit.

Cool! Are you going to stick with Luftwaffe markings or go Condor Legion? :popcorn

Not another Junk(y) kit.

Actually I am going to go with the early camo Luftwaffe but think I am going to get to try out my 1/32 stencils as I cannot locate any photos of the one that Trump added in the box.

I really like the RLM 61/62/63 with 65 underside that is shown in the color fold out that Trump has in the kit. It's just that the markings that they have on it are bogus as far as I can tell. I have several that I can do by using my stencils and the schemes had several ways it could be done. One photo I saw had the colors inverted from the standard scheme though still in the same basic shapes. I will worry about the exactness on it later.

Not really interested in Condor legion. :idonno

Not another Junk(y) kit.

Last night while in the living room watching Arrow and Supernatural, I started working on the engine. Fit was pretty good. I used a little CA applied to some of the seams to fill the grooves where the seams came together. Fit wasn't too bad though everything had to be tweaked slightly to get the fit the way I wanted it. So far so good on my first Trumpeter kit. Found the first assembly call out error. A small cylindrical part was called F29. F29 was some big flat part. The correct number was F32. Lucky that they have some decent drawings that show the parts.

Not too sure about the coloring on the engine. There are few photos of the Jumo 210 engines and the best ones I have found show it as a sand color. :idonno Not too worried about it as it will be closed up for the one I am doing. Would still like to have it close to correct though. Not going to add any detail unless it can be seen.

No pictures yet. Just a couple of small plastic assemblies that will need to be painted before going much further.

Not another Junk(y) kit.

Got this one out and worked on it for a change this weekend. Spent most of Sat cleaning up the air scoops on the cowlings. Those parts really only marginally fit. I had opened up the tiny ones before and had attached the little scoops and the larger scoops a while back. Took some time a patient filling with CA and cleaning back down.

Also made a little tool to redo or make better all the rivet details on this kit.

Then airbrushed the engine parts and cowling. Some detail paint to follow once the base paints fully dry.

While waiting on the paint to dry I started on the cockpit.

At work now, have a lot of pics but they are at home. Just wanted to get this thread active once again and will get pics posted in a couple of days or so.

Not another Junk(y) kit.

Here is my first real installment to this thread. Taking a break from the big job to do something a little less involved. As I build on this kit, I am becoming aware that Trumpeter parts just DO NOT FIT. Don't get me wrong, it isn't anything really major, but it is constant little things.

For example, I am working on some cockpit stuff right now, and one little part in particular illustrated this constant problem. The side wall has 2 angled pins sticking out. The part that fits there has a wide slot that fits around the 2 pins. The problem is that the slot isn't wide enough. Not by much, it only needed a little hit with a small file, but it shouldn't have needed to be hit at all. Almost every part is like that. Almost fits but needs a tweak. After a while . . . :bang head :bang head :bang head :bang head

I have had worse and it is coming along smoothly so. . .

Here are some pics.

Ju87A-003.jpg

Ju87A-004.jpg

Ju87A-005.jpg

Ju87A-006.jpg

Ju87A-007.jpg

Ju87A-008.jpg

Ju87A-009.jpg

Ju87A-010.jpg

Ju87A-011.jpg

Ju87A-012.jpg

Have some photos with paint coming soon!

Not another Junk(y) kit. (new pics)

Very nice, Paul! You do have an eagle eye for the tiniest of issues- and details- cheers!

As always excellent super detailed explanation / work (y)

Not another Junk(y) kit.

Here is my first real installment to this thread. Taking a break from the big job to do something a little less involved. As I build on this kit, I am becoming aware that Trumpeter parts just DO NOT FIT. Don't get me wrong, it isn't anything really major, but it is constant little things.

For example, I am working on some cockpit stuff right now, and one little part in particular illustrated this constant problem. The side wall has 2 angled pins sticking out. The part that fits there has a wide slot that fits around the 2 pins. The problem is that the slot isn't wide enough. Not by much, it only needed a little hit with a small file, but it shouldn't have needed to be hit at all. Almost every part is like that. Almost fits but needs a tweak. After a while . . . :bang head :bang head :bang head :bang head

I have had worse and it is coming along smoothly so. . .

Here are some pics.

Ju87A-003.jpg~original

Ju87A-004.jpg~original

Ju87A-005.jpg~original

Ju87A-006.jpg~original

Ju87A-007.jpg~original

Ju87A-008.jpg~original

Ju87A-009.jpg~original

Ju87A-010.jpg~original

Ju87A-011.jpg~original

Ju87A-012.jpg~original

Have some photos with paint coming soon!

You're going to have one hell of a build Paul, looking forward to this. :popcorn

Brought a positively ancient Pentium III laptop along on this trip and have been working on the next installment. Some paint, and build instructions for the engine compartment, some lessons on PE bending on bends which are way sharper then 90 degrees. Boy is that machine slow and touchy, but was a bunch lighter than the other one I have. Pics tomorrow sometime

Finally a bit on where Trumpy really did a royal crew up on the cockpit. I suspect some of their problem is that they really need someone that can really READ and WRITE ENGLISH! It is appaent from their history translations on some of the boxes that they have no clue. So when a photo has a caption saying it is a view from the observer/radio mans area and that photo resembles other mock up photos, they use it any way. Even when it is totally contradicted by actual aircraft photos. I have a hunch it's going to be a real bag of worms before it is all over. :bang head :bang head :bang head

At least I can correct it to a great extent. :S

Hope everyone that is observing Thanksgiving is having some wonderful time with their families. In addition, I am finally going to just bite the bullet and buy a new desktop gaming class computer to replace my 13 year old machine. The old machine will be reworked into a solid secondary backup machine once the new one is up, running and in the groove. Only real question I have is Win7, Win 8.1, or Win 10? Have heard way too much complaining about Win 10 and won't have internet access on it for upgrades. Definitely will need a 64bit machine this time though will also need to be able to still run some 32 bit software.

Any good thoughts on this? :hmmm Am really leaning away from terrible 10 on this, but need some real info.

OK everyone, here are the promised pictures. I even have a small demo on bending sharp bends on PE. Hope you all enjoy.

Ju87A-013.jpg

Ju87A-014.jpg

Ju87A-015.jpg

Ju87A-016.jpg

Ju87A-017.jpg

Ju87A-018.jpg

Ju87A-019.jpg

Ju87A-020.jpg

Ju87A-021.jpg

Ju87A-022.jpg

Ju87A-023.jpg

Ju87A-024.jpg

Ju87A-025.jpg

Ju87A-026.jpg

Hope everyone is having a great day and those that are doing the Turkey day are having a wonderful time with family and friends.

Nice treat Paul, looks like you've found a lot of work for yourself sorting out that radio stack. :popcorn

Back