• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Weathering Pt 1: MR T's weathering SBS

jknaus

Administrator
Below is the meat of Terry's weather SBS from the More than 4 Wheels GB all in one neat package. Enjoy

Well boys and girls the construction is done! 98% of the paintings is done. Let the weathering begin. I started by working on the wheels and then I will work my way up.

First I painted the tires with a moderate coating of Tamyia Flat Earth.

DSC05100.JPG

DSC05099.JPG

Then I go back and dry brush the tires with Tamiya Nato Black

DSC05101.JPG

Next comes some mud application. This is done using acrylic floor wax and pastel powder. First apply the floor wax to an area.

DSC05104.JPG

Then sprinkle an earth tone pastel powder onto the wet wax.

DSC05105.JPG

When the floor coating dries the mud will fixed in place.

DSC05106.JPG

I did this to all the wheels inside and out. This was done to the wheel wells and the underside of the 8-RAD.

DSC05103.JPG

DSC05102.JPG

DSC05108.JPG

DSC05109.JPG

I will continue this process with some lighter tones. Next I will do some dust areas on the upper surfaces to stay tuned. Questions and comments are always welcome.

Terry B)

Well we are just about to end of the road. I have added some more streaking, dusty areas, fuel spills and yeah muddy spots. The next update will most likely be the finished pics, but until then here are some images of last nights work.

Terry B)

DSC05110.JPG

DSC05111.JPG

DSC05112.JPG

DSC05113.JPG

DSC05114.JPG

DSC05115.JPG

DSC05116.JPG

B)

Admin

I have just realized that I am a total hack :) :) . Great SBS and will be trying these techniques, thanks!!

Tom

Hi guys

Thanks for the info i dont think they make Klear in the uk any more do you know what the alternative would be

Cheers Chris

Hi guys

Thanks for the info i dont think they make Klear in the uk any more do you know what the alternative would be

Cheers Chris

I would say any clear coat you can apply with a brush would work. I use what I use because it is thin.

Terry B)

I would say any clear coat you can apply with a brush would work. I use what I use because it is thin.

Terry B)[/quote]

As an alternative you could use MIG productions WET EFFECTS and DAMP EARTH mixture.[but it is not an acrylic].

Mind you; acrylic floor wax is a lot cheaper!:pp

Greetings,Ron.

Terry that is a great technique for mud . There are several different ways to weather. I would like
to share some but I dont wana pirate your thread.
On another note my forum time has been very limited lately , but these are sections I will definately be making time for.
I always enjoyed talking to everybody here

Hey I'm not the mud master. Start a thread and share your wisdom.

Terry B)

Thanks Guys.
I have a couple of pieces that are almost ready for weathering. One is the alan grille m .
Obviousely I am going to be using pigment powder and a few other tricks.
Stay tuned boys and girls.....................

Back