• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

M4A3(76)

jknaus

Administrator
Okay building a Sherman.I am thinking of doing one from the 4th Tank Bn, 1st Armoured Division, St Lucia Italy 1944. But I just refound a cool pic which has the wheels turning. Might do this one instead.

russian_tanks.jpg

Decisions decisions.
James

Yes it is Russian Bob, and thanks Mike, but I think I have one. Saul thanks for straightening that out.How can you tell? I'm Sherman illiterate. So back to plan 1.

James

Saul thanks for straightening that out.How can you tell? I'm Sherman illiterate.

Well, it is Russian and they were supplied with the diesel engined Shermans. Telltale signs would be the angle of the rear upper hull (almost vertical) wall, see image:
M4A3ShermanVille-sur-Illon10.jpg

Regards,

Fantastic picture James! Great reference for possibile diorama B)

All the best!
Dusan.

I think that picture was taken somewhere in Austria just after the end of the war. DML's Red Army Sherman would be good model for that picture.

Okay, have not had a lot of time to model. And really not much to see.But figured I'd post these pics. Still have some filling to do in hull sponson.

M43.jpg

M42.jpg

M41.jpg

James

Unfortunately this will have to be American Laura. I dont have the proper Sherman for the Russian one.
James

Unfortunately this will have to be American Laura.

Why not Free French?

Click to see more...

Archer has a dry transfer set for it too:

You know how this works, click on it to buy (only $2USD shipping).

Regards,

Not finding much time to do this.Worked on the turret some and then used Mr Surfacer 500 to give it a casting look.

DSC02644.JPG

DSC02643.JPG

James

Back