• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Homegrown Masking Paper Dispenser

Iron Mike

Master At Arms And Resident Curmudgeon
After watching some of the new DVDs on painting techniques, I realized that my dark, dirty little corner of the garage was not cutting it. I started thinking about how I could make my old drafting table work for me and came up with the idea of using masking paper to protect the table and provide a CLEAN work surface! This design works with my table, you can modify it to work on your bench.

Materials

1. 1@ 1x3-8 Pine (or whatever) $3.38
2. 2 spring clamps $.99 each
3. 2 c clamps $2.98 each
4. 1@ 3/4" wood dowel $2.64
5. 1@ roll of masking paper (any paint store carries this) $2.98
6. Wood screws Had them in stash $0.00
7. A little ambition Priceless

I decided to use 12" masking paper, so I made my top piece 18". The roll measures about 3", so I made the sides 4" The rest is pretty easy, took me about 30 minutes to set up, cut, assemble and clean up.

IMG_4144.JPG

IMG_4145.JPG

IMG_4141.JPG

IMG_4139.JPG

IMG_4142.JPG

IMG_4143.JPG

Total cost? Less than $16USD and I had enough material for three sets of frames. (y)

Thanks, guys! Forgot about this thread, loving the convenience of the new paper every time I paint!

Back