• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tamiya Paint Stir Tool

Leopard2

Ok, I am the first :D. This is the Tamiya Paint Stir Tool. I bought it a while back at a contest. Actually there are 2 tools per set. The set cost around $6. The tool has a flat blade like end and a small spoon on the other. It is chrome plated so very easy clean up. The length is about 6". Mostly I use the Flat side for stirring and measuring paint. The spoon is more for very small amounts.

But one thing I found out is that the flat side also work very well to apply putty over seams and small sink holes as well as ejector pin marks. I think this is one of my most used tools.

Joe

IMG_0258.jpg

IMG_0259.jpg

IMG_0260.jpg

Cool Dude !! Thanx for sharing ! I'll have to check that out !! Normally I use My coffee stirrer .... I just gotta remember to use it after I'm finished stiring My coffee :woohoo:

MOONIE,

CRM Hobbies. They're website is still under construction. But you can still get in touch with Chris.

- http://crmhobbies.com/ He carries a Huge amount of stuff !!

Nice stock. Not sure if he has the Hobbytown in Augusta Ga beat. But it's certainly cleaner!

Wow, I hope you did't pay alot for that? I think you could get one pretty cheap at one of those "head" shoppes...

Wow, I hope you did't pay alot for that? I think you could get one pretty cheap at one of those "head" shoppes...

Although JOHN, In some parts of the Country They are known as "Medical Supply Stores" :D :D of course No where on th East Coast. :D Head Shop still applies !

you mean like a Head Shop where the long hair hippy types hang out with the weird lookin' pipes?

Yes I think that is the place, but I think this is more a tool for those with more expensive taste and "smell" and like to listen to a particular Eric Clapton song...

MP,

CRM is one of the coolest LHSs in the country. Chris Merseal is the owner and he is right here in St Louis! Great guy and one of those "Old Fashioned" shops where you have to go through lots of boxes and climb around and there are great finds everywhere. My personal fav!

Some of you older guys know what I mean. They are almost extinct. They used to be plentiful, they look, feel and smell like a model place!! The kind you could spend an afternoon just rummaging.

Bob

When you make it this way the guys of the SOB modeling club will take you to the Hobbytown in Augusta GA. We'll also find some good eats.

Back