• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

my silent air compressor

hey just stuck this baby together last week. works Awesome! totally silent, no more waking everyone up at 2am lol

I used a compressor out of an old dehumidifier, you can use one from a fridge, AC unit etc. you can even add more than one if you want.

I just painted it up made a couple air filters and hooked up to a 10 gallon tank. I might just add a moisture trap to the line going to the airbrush but otherwise works perfect! dont see any need to add a regulator. it fills my 10 gallon tank in about 5 mins.
just add in some air tool oil once in a while and it will last a lifetime!.

for those of you with air compressor and tank units already, you can simply swap out the noisy motor for one of these and it will work exactly the same, turning off at your set psi with the pressure switch etc. it will mount in the existing holes in most case to.

I searched online for silent compressors and found some that are over 1000 bucks! and all they are, are fridge compressors! lol

IMGP5048_zps997acb4b.jpg

IMGP5054_zps1e8c1ece.jpg

Pure Genius :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

So you got the low pressure line setup for the intake, what is the cap on the end of the high pressure side?

which cap? the black things? theres 2 intakes one was sealed "crimped shut" where they charged the system original. I just cut it and made a filter, you can cap it off if you want., the black things are aluminum bushings, a piece of hose and a piece of foam lol.

you could buy filters for the little nitro rc cars to.

Back