• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

DML Brummbar Mid Prod WIP (continued) 01- 23-12

Tony lee

Master at Arms
Tony Lee

"I've fallen and I can't get up" i'm sure a lot of you remember that commercial catch phrase.:lol:
I think i'm falling into that trap where you get more projects started than you finish. Well i've been working on this Brummbar until the urge to paint hits me again,there are two in the paint booth right now. :roll:

Well anyway here's where I stand right now: Griffon PE-ATAK Zimm set and Friulmodel tracks.
Here is part of the PE set:
100_0213.jpg

This is where it will be installed:
100_0217.jpg

100_0218.jpg

100_0219.jpg

You can also see two of the ATAK resin plates front and rear.

This is one more fine kit from Dragon with the exception of the missing zimmerit that you as the builder need
to add. The fit and details are fine as frog hair and you can't get no better than that boys and girls. It also would have been nice to have some sort of interior even if it cost a few extra bucks more.

Iron Mike has one that is a lot farther along here but he's been missing since July?????? :affraid:
So until next time
Tony the Mutt

Will do Mike.
It's been a productive day at the bench and I almost got all of the ATAK zimm installed. It was almost a perfect fit on all sides and that makes for a fun time had by all. :lol:

100_0221.jpg

100_0220.jpg

100_0222.jpg

See Ya
Tony the Mutt

Plugged up a few holes today :D :

100_0226.jpg

100_0227.jpg

This is really a nice kit
Tony the Mutt

100_0228.jpg

100_0229.jpg

I'm having a time trying to get that gun to snug up in there just right. I'm gaining on it but it's not there just yet.

Thanks for looking
Tony the Mutt

Fixed the gun problem this morning. Found a clue while looking at the box art and the photos i've posted last night and noticed that the groove in the barrel was not showing. That told me the ball sleeve over the barrel was not seated all the way down. That thing is a really tight fit so I filed a little off the edges of the gun that went inside the ball and some inside the ball as well and when I put it back on it hit bottom and there was the groove and the gun mount stays put when you put the casement on.

100_0230.jpg

If you ever build this kit or the new one with zimmerit watch out for this fit problem.
Tony the Mutt

You're Welcome Jenny

Some more of the PE put to use and ready to install. The front of the running boards got some gadgets too. :D
100_0233.jpg

Later gang
Tony the Mutt

Thanks Stug
I've got a question for you guys and gals. What do you think of the colors for the interior :confused:
100_0234.jpg

Your opinions very much appreciated
Tony the Mutt

I think this looks a little better don't you?

100_0237.jpg

Thanks
Tony the Mutt

Lets take a look through the open hatches and see what we can find.

100_0238.jpg

100_0239.jpg

100_0242.jpg

100_0243.jpg

For a closed top machine you can see quite a bit and if you installed a wheat light in there, even more. 8)
Does Archer have those shell markings decals?

This is getting to be fun and Thanks for the comments
Tony the Mutt

:D I think I like it too Alex. :lol:

The more I get done the more I like it but it looked really good while still in the box.
100_0244.jpg

100_0246.jpg

100_0247.jpg

If you're not getting bored, Y'all come back to see me. :sleep:
Tony the Mutt

100_0248.jpg

100_0249.jpg

Gittin her done
Tony the Mutt

OK Tony, all moved, only grabbed the ones you had pictures in, left the jaw jackin' behind... :mpup

Re:DML Brummbar Mid Prod WIP Dec 18

We tried anyway. :)
Anyway the Brummbar is back on the line and right now it looks like this:
100_0415.jpg

Friul tracks are fitted and ready for a bath in Black4Tracks in just a few minutes. It looks like they'll need to be on before the mud flaps are because it's so close under there.

See Ya Later
Tony Lee

Cool. After the Stug the Brumbar is my favourite. It just looks so brutish.
James

It was brutish from what i've read Jay right up to the end,kinda like us huh.LOL

Thanks
Tony Lee

Disregard my PM Tony, I'll see what I can do about this, give me this weekend pal.

Re:DML Brummbar Mid Prod WIP Dec 21

I've just got to tell you guys that Black4Tracks is some really good stuff. This is the third set of tracks from the same bottle and it still did a fine job.

100_0418.jpg

After they were dry they got a wash of Burnt Sienna and then over-laid that with a wash of Raw Umber. Result: These Friuls are ready to reinstall. :woohoo:

Its been a pretty good day for me, how about yours?
Tony Lee

I was wondering when this one would surface again, maybe I'll get mine kick started following your lead, Tony. Nice work!

Great Work Tony! Even though I prefer Allied subjects I have to admit that this vehicle is one of my favourites. Ever since I saw Shep Paine's Dio I have wanted to build one. This might be just the kick I need.

Yep Cam it's really a good kit you should try it you'll like it.

I wondered what happened to yours. The blog just came to a halt and I thought
you might of just finished it off camera.

Thanks to both of you
Tony Lee

Hey Toner
That's gold mate
I love the way the house and contents PE assembly in the early pics becomes a painted weathered beaut later...
Look forward to the ensuing diorama ;)
Brad

Oh Wow :cheer:

Very nice Tony

Great effort ,this is really looking good .

Thanks
Michael

Very nice work Tony! This is one of my future projects, so I'm looking forward to see more - absolutly!!!!!

Thanks to Laura and Pup for putting this all back together again in one place,appreciated it. B)

Thanks for the build support folks,sure hope I don't disappoint you.

Tony Lee

Do you recall how many links you used in the tracks, Tony? I'm still at the clean up stage with mine and really don't want to do too many, if you get what I mean! :eek:hmy:

From what I have seen so far, you don't have to worry about disappointing anybody. Great work, the brass, the interior weathering, the zimmerit, I like it all !

Bob

No Mike I don't but I can count them for you. I just put them all together then wrap them around the wheels and take them apart at the point I think will give the sag I need. I use or save the extras for spares on the model so I just finish them all.

Bob I do build these for myself but I want the other newer modelers such as myself to know that with a little extra effort they can build a decent looking kit too. It's a huge step up from opening the box and reaching that level of skill that you and others like you have. I just hope to serve as one small step on the way up for them.

Thanks for the encouragement
Tony Lee
PS: I counted 99 Mike

Back