• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

DML Bison II

Cool! I have the Alan kit, but have heard so much bad about it, it resides on the shelf. Looking forward to this one. B)

The old Alan kit is in storage and the plan is to finish it along side the Dragon Bison.

http://cs.finescale.com/fsm/modeling_subjects/f/3/t/136861.aspx?page=1

Uncle Tony :eek:ldguy

Update #2

I installed a few parts but mostly it was clean and assemble parts,road wheels,idlers and sprockets.

No complaints so far with the build. :)

Looks good, a drop top SPG. Is this the kit with the incorrect drive sprockets or did they correct it?

Beats me, I'm not a rivet counter. A friend of mine who knows, was saying there were issues with both the Alan and Dragon kits. As far as I can see, nothing looks weird, but :idonno

I figured you'd know. :laugh: I really want to build one!

Oh OK I got ya.
It was the Alan kit and that's why I replaced the sprocket and road wheels with Tamiya's.

Tony lee :eek:ldguy

Update #3

Tracks assembled and fitted.

Idlers not glued and therefore they're crooked.

For those that might build this one and can't figure out why the gun won't fully elevate??????
Part #B24 the elevate gear on the bottom of the gun cradle hits part #A50 the shield at the front of the gun frame.

My fix:

Needs a little squaring up,i'll do that when I take it apart before painting.

Tomorrow is another day :D

Update #4

This and That:

I worked on both and almost forgot were I was a couple of times :eek:hmy:

Happy New Year All

Thanks All :good:

The spares bin took a heavy hit today because I added more bling to the Alan Bison. :D

Happy New Year

Back