• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Trumpeter Soviet 2S7 203mm SPH

Tony lee

Master at Arms
Sorry to say but this was an exclusive SBS review build blog for the Military Modelling magazine site that I finished just today(Feb 2,2016),and if you were wondering about my absents now you know.
As a kit build review I didn't add anything that wasn't in the box other than some spare projectile decals.
For the finish Mig's Ammo Modern Soviet paint was used along with a filter and pin wash to bring out the detail. NO weathering or flat coat so as to show the novice builders you don't need to throw the kitchen sink at a model to get satisfactory results.

Sure hope I got my point across and did a great kit justice.

Travel Mode:

Firing Mode:

Several design features are operational with a little extra effort and the frugal use of glue. Most builders just assemble the kit for travel or firing but since it was a review build I built it so all the movable parts worked showing the right side firing and the left side travel.

Don't let the parts count scare you off because a lot of the total are just track links.

Thanks for your patients
Uncle Tony :eek:ldguy

Thank Guys :good:

I forgot to mention that the auto loader arm will swing over the rear of the right fender so the ground crew can place the next shell in the ready round cradle.

Tony lee :eek:ldguy

I figured you had a good excuse, and looking at this I'd say it's a dang good excuse. Looks great Tony. When will they publish it on the website?

Appreciate that Ian Thanks

Bob I have no idea what when or where. I did my part where most don't fulfill their obligation in doing a build review to the finish. It's on the site forum now.

http://www.militarymodelling.com/forums/postings.asp?th=112803

PS: Luiz you slipped in on me, much Thanks

It would really be COOL if you added all the plumbing and wiring,the fittings are there for you Chukw. :eek:hyeah

Back