• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Geschutzwagen Tiger (Grille 17) by Trumpeter

Tony lee

Master at Arms

Talk about a box full

And B I G. That's a 1/35th Hetzer on her back.

Tracks ready for color

You better dig out the spare parts if you want to dress it out,none are provided.

Dry fit before primer

Primer is on and it's ready for paint

Now I need to gather it all up tomorrow and Git-R-Done.
Uncle Tony :eek:ldguy

Hello Tony.
Yikes ! That thing is a beast!.
I like the juxtaposition of the Hetzer for scale.
That's a great picture of the GIs posing inside as well. It looks like they are 1/2 scale figures photoshopped in.
I am once again surprised to discover a vehicle that I did not know existed. I like to think that I'm mostly knowledgeable on the WWII subject, and then you and Trumpeter throw this in my lap. Thanks!
I'm looking forward to seeing this to the end (I mean through paint and weathering).

Keep up the good work.

Cheers,

Bill

It never fired a shot Bill.
It was almost ready for action when the British captured it in May of 45. It was built using as many Tiger II/King Tiger parts as possible and then they dropped this pea shooter in it.

It was loaded on a ship to be sent somewhere but disappeared before delivery never to be seen again.
I bet the war ended and it was dumped at sea.

Thanks bud
Tony lee

Thanks for the backstory/ history lesson T!
I'm loving every minute.

Roll on,

Bill :dude

:popcorn
Go Tony ...watch out for the join between the front top and the rear combat compartment it's a b**ch.

Ian.

Jeez, that thing was huge! I've stayed in hotel rooms that were smaller than that.

First Update

Paint:

Not a lot of fun Mike,I had to nurse the old Harbor Freight compressor along all day. It spit out a ball bearing and it kept starting and stopping,lucky to get done what I did.
I'm praying it will last awhile longer or at least until I get the painting done.

These colors were used in 1945: Base of Dunkelgrun with Rotbraun and Dunkelgelb.

Uncle Tony :eek:ldguy

Nice start Tony!! (y) (y) WHat compressor ya runnin'? I have the Harbor Freight hobby compressor & have had it about 12 yrs now. Still runs strong :drinks

Ed i've had two of these:

http://www.harborfreight.com/1-6-hp-40-psi-oilless-airbrush-compressor-93657.html

They last maybe two years before failure. In two years I don't paint that many models and when i'm not actually spraying I turn it off.

Tony lee

Looking really good Tony. Bummer about the compressor though. Following this with interest.
James

Ed i've had two of these:

http://www.harborfreight.com/1-6-hp-40-psi-oilless-airbrush-compressor-93657.html

They last maybe two years before failure. In two years I don't paint that many models and when i'm not actually spraying I turn it off.

Tony lee

Mine is the 1/8th hp & have had it quite awhile now & Like you, I have it turned off when not sprayin'.

The store here only has the 1/5th hp with an air brush and the 1/6th bare bones for $20 less.

Update

Paint:
I did get the Dark Green base coat on the gun. Tomorrow i'll assemble,high light and fade.

Thanks
Tony lee

PS: BTW my compressor took the deep six today :( A moment of silence please.

Back