• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tamiya Sd.Kfz.124 Wespe

Tony lee

Master at Arms

This is another one of those kits i've had for years and with the weather like it is I got it out of the stash yesterday and went to work on it.
AM:
Aber aluminum barrel
RB brass shells
Griffon trim PE set
Friul or Modelkasten tracks(have both)
CMK resin driver's interior set. Decided to not use it because you can't see much of anything in there
through the open hatches. Saved for something else later.

Plan on soldering up the PE ammo storage boxes and add other PE parts tomorrow. :eek:hyeah

See Ya Then
Tony lee

Tamiya Sd.Kfz.124 Weape

Way cool. After looking at that new Nuts and Bolts I was wondering about pulling one of these out. Any thoughts on what theater and unit?
James

Tamiya Sd.Kfz.124 Weape

You know I really haven't given it much thought James. :idonno

They build so many of these it's pretty much open season on the paint scheme. I kinda like the gray and green
shown in the box art myself.
What were you thinking buddy?

Tony lee

I've always liked the looks of the Wespe. Looks like you are off to a good start :popcorn Been playing around with one in World of Tanks for a few days now :rotf

Hey Tony. Well I looked through the book and found a couple of interesting ones. Not sure what I like. Went looking for me Wespe and its hidden somewhere. Painted my Pfalz and screwed it up and put it away in disgust. Today I painted some tracks I made for a T-64 that I had screwed up and the paint went on great. So I take that as a sign to build my T-64BV. So long story short no Wespe for me this time :( I'll watch yours though and take note :D
James

Sorry folks I didn't realize a senior citizen rep was needed to lead all you young guns or maybe
Pappy Letterman needs companionship. :hmmm :laugh:

Any how with the weather cold and damp it caused my hands to ache to no end but I took it like a man
and managed to get the charge storage bins bent and soldered up.

I can't believe Griffon didn't supply PE doors for them???? I did cut one in half and made a bi-fold so it would clear that lifting ring when open.

Now where is that tube of Ben-Gay?
Tony lee

Sorry folks I didn't realize a senior citizen rep was needed to lead all you young guns or maybe
Pappy Letterman needs companionship. :hmmm :laugh:

You know how it is Tony, when somebody at the home goes missing for awhile, I know what usually happens! Makes me wonder when my turn is coming! You know! :yipee

Pappy

Back