• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Meng's German SPH 2000

Tony lee

Master at Arms
Did you miss me? :laugh:

The box is pretty well stuffed:

The goodies:

Tracks plus a jig:

Main hull components:

Only thing is extra armor plates are not provided. :(

The instruction 18pg booklet is nice:

I'm not going to hit this one hard and heavy, going to take it easy on my hands and back this time. :D

Later Folks
Tony lee

I shudder every time I see those track links. I am glad its you building this and not me because I would make a travesty of it

Update 8/28

Lower hull sides:
Before

After

With wheels and sprocket:

With torsion bars the wheels do reticulate.

That's enough for today
Tony lee

Update 8/29

I did a little test run on the tracks this morning for the heck of it:
Parts:

Connecting bars, inside pad with guide horn, road side pad and every seventh pad has an ice cleat(option I guess) plus NO glue required.

First step:
Place guide horn in the square hole in the jig

Second step:
Place connecting bar on top so the bar fits in the groove, connector has a small pin that fits in small hole in the jig.

Third step:
Place road side pad on top of all the above with the sockets side down and pressed it in place hard for a tight fit.

There you have and all that's left is to repeat 98 times or so :D

Rear hull plate:

How large is this SPH compared to a Stug?

btw installed the gun too.

Later
Tony lee

Update 9/2

My brother loved to build tank models and I know he would want me to continue with mine.
As they say "Life Goes On"

Tracks:
Since the upper portion of the tracks are covered by the skirts I won't bother with assembling that section.

As a press fit assembly they seem to be pretty strong :good:

Until tommorow
Tony lee

Back