Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: A pair of Academy P-38's for Tom

A pair of Academy P-38's for Tom 02 Oct 2015 22:04 #169

ij001 wrote:
You got this, bud. :good


Ian.

NOOOO don't say that! :frantic :facepalm
I told you photobucket sucks...



"If you don't like it why don't you just let it be"
Hank Williams Jr.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

A pair of Academy P-38's for Tom 03 Oct 2015 23:08 #170

She's up and propped.




h518bf53.jpg


h982a0ee.jpg


Pulled the rest of the mask off, everything sealed up nicely, no issues! The landing gear doors suck, can't get them to square off with the well, did the best I can, doubt this one will leave the shop because of it.

I'm going to put this on the back burner for a bit, not long. Want to get these campaigns I've committed to finished. Come on guys, let's git'em done. :coolio :good
I told you photobucket sucks...



"If you don't like it why don't you just let it be"
Hank Williams Jr.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

A pair of Academy P-38's for Tom 03 Oct 2015 23:52 #171

Nicely done,Bob...super clean job :good

:drinks

Luiz
  • lupanzer
  • lupanzer
  • OFFLINE
  • Master at Arms
    Master at Arms
  • Posts: 9321
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: moon puppy

A pair of Academy P-38's for Tom 04 Oct 2015 01:53 #172

:thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup
  • Hippy Ed
  • Hippy Ed
  • OFFLINE
  • Brigadier
    Brigadier
  • Posts: 5120

If you lose your sense of humor, you done lost everything
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: moon puppy

A pair of Academy P-38's for Tom 04 Oct 2015 02:06 #173

Have faith, bud, what could possibly go wrong :smack

Ian.
  • ij001
  • ij001
  • OFFLINE
  • Group Captain
    Group Captain
  • Posts: 4676
Last Edit: 04 Oct 2015 02:07 by ij001.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: moon puppy

A pair of Academy P-38's for Tom 04 Oct 2015 09:29 #174

lupanzer wrote:
Nicely done,Bob...super clean job :good

:drinks

Luiz

Not so much my friend, I only posted the good pictures. :rotf
I told you photobucket sucks...



"If you don't like it why don't you just let it be"
Hank Williams Jr.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

A pair of Academy P-38's for Tom 04 Oct 2015 10:04 #175

Oh Bob ! :rotf :rotf :rotf

The administrator has disabled public write access.

A pair of Academy P-38's for Tom 31 Aug 2016 21:02 #176

I knew that walk thru the Eduard booth at the IPMS show secretly lit your fire to complete the P-38. That totally explains that thousand yard stare you had in Old Dog's pic of us. ;)


Seriously that is really gorgeous, my favotite pro plane of them all! :notworthy:

moon puppy wrote:
She's up and propped.




h518bf53.jpg


h982a0ee.jpg


Pulled the rest of the mask off, everything sealed up nicely, no issues! The landing gear doors suck, can't get them to square off with the well, did the best I can, doubt this one will leave the shop because of it.

I'm going to put this on the back burner for a bit, not long. Want to get these campaigns I've committed to finished. Come on guys, let's git'em done. :coolio :good
  • iambrb
  • iambrb
  • OFFLINE
  • Division Commander
    Division Commander
  • Posts: 1604
The administrator has disabled public write access.

A pair of Academy P-38's for Tom 14 Sep 2016 15:26 #177

Real slick looking P-38. Gary
  • centaur567
  • centaur567
  • OFFLINE
  • Regiment Commander
    Regiment Commander
  • Posts: 750
The administrator has disabled public write access.

A pair of Academy P-38's for Tom 14 Sep 2016 18:36 #178

Wooo....bringing up an self queen here. I got stumped on the landing gear doors. can't figure out how they suppose to mate to the sides.
I told you photobucket sucks...



"If you don't like it why don't you just let it be"
Hank Williams Jr.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

A pair of Academy P-38's for Tom 14 Sep 2016 18:47 #179

moon puppy wrote:
Wooo....bringing up an self queen here. I got stumped on the landing gear doors. can't figure out how they suppose to mate to the sides.

If it is anything like the Academy P-38 I built a few years back, there wasn't really a positive placement for the doors :bangs head
  • nerdling
  • nerdling
  • OFFLINE
  • Division Commander
    Division Commander
  • Posts: 1984

The administrator has disabled public write access.

A pair of Academy P-38's for Tom 14 Sep 2016 20:05 #180

nerdling wrote:
moon puppy wrote:
Wooo....bringing up an self queen here. I got stumped on the landing gear doors. can't figure out how they suppose to mate to the sides.

If it is anything like the Academy P-38 I built a few years back, there wasn't really a positive placement for the doors :bangs head

It's exactly like the Academy P-38, it is one. :pilot :facepalm

Had the Eduard gear door hinges but I couldn't get them in right. The complex curves of the doors and nacelle just didn't cooperate.
I told you photobucket sucks...



"If you don't like it why don't you just let it be"
Hank Williams Jr.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.570 seconds