• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/32 Albatros DII

tom1815

Decided to use this Encore Models kit as my entry instead of the Camel:

hcbf2cdd.jpg

h1f68c1d.jpg

h8f57126.jpg

Nice resin engine that comes with it

h4bacb95.jpg

I like that a lot. How did you get that finish on the ammo cans?
James

Hi James,
The picture is magnified which makes the finish look a bit over done but basically I coat the item in enamel aluminium and once its dry I use the spong method with Vallejo aluminium on the corners etc and then an enamel wash. The two tones and wash give the impression of old plate, at least I hope it does lol. Thank you for taking the time to comment,
Tom
h6d743ea.jpg

Looks good Tom! Keep on with the build, you still have about 13 months to finish it so don't wait till the wire.

:popcorn

Closing time, managed to break a part so I guess this kit aint going out without a fight lol, gaps in the seams so plenty of filler work to do :soldier

hd32ddd9.jpg

h44b4962.jpg

ha109df7.jpg

The seat belts rock! :ro:

Thank you Mike, they were preprinted but when I tried to shape them the color just cracked off so I annealed them, painted and fitted like normal which seems to have done the trick. If you want to see some really rocking seat belts then check out HGWs new texile belts, they are awesome.

Back