• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Takom Krupp Morser FInal KRUPPDATE!

Iron Mike

Master At Arms And Resident Curmudgeon
OK, sports fans! Iron Mike has officially lost it! We're going to attempt several firsts, first Takom kit, first large artillery piece and from WWI no less! Here goes nothin'.

IMG_8914.JPG

IMG_8915.JPG

And yes, the plan is for the crazy tritone paint job too.

:drinks

Takom Krupp 21cm Morser 10/16

Not off to an auspicious start, looks like we have a short shot on part A7. I can fix it, but woof.

IMG_8916.JPG

The joys of modeling. B)

Here's hoping that will be the only painful part :zen

Cheers, Christian B)

Oh yeah, it is fixed already. Pretty nice kit so far, there's a lot of butt joints rather than tabs fitting into slots, but some care in handling it will necessary.

Thanks for checking in, more to come. B)

B) I luv big guns....... :popcorn and this is a really interesting one. I think Takom have been delving into some great subjects and forcing some of the others to think about what they should be considering for the future.

Ian.

Needoe!! I'll be watshing to shee your take on this big o' Canon!! :skipper :smack :blink :woohoo:

Thank you, my friends! Update coming tomorrow. B)

"Short Shot"

I was a night shift supervisor at Holiday Plastics for two years and that's a new one on me,even has three injector ports right there too. :idonno

It Had To Be You huh
Uncle Tony :eek:ldguy

I fixed it with an old hot rodder trick, I "bolted" on a gusset. Film tomorrow. B)

As promised, a small update. I fixed the short shot with a gusset and bolts made from styrene.

IMG_8917.JPG

The brackets on the box trail were pretty thick looking and borrowing a hint from an online review, I modified them to look more to scale.

Before

IMG_8924.JPG

IMG_8929.JPG

After

IMG_8930.JPG

I used drill bits to thin the housings, followed by a round file. Looks more believable to me.

More to come in a bit. Thanks for dropping by.

Just came back in from taking down Christmas lights, what weird weather! Last weekend, we got about 7 1/2" of snow and temps in the low teens. This weekend, it's 68F and sunny. :idonno Who'd have thought I would work up a sweat bringing in the Christmas stuff in January? :laugh:

Anyway, here's where we are to date. Through step 6, this is what we look like.

IMG_8925.JPG

At the suggestion of the online review, I added a filler and a bolt head to the rear struts instead of the molded slots.

IMG_8926.JPG

The PE ladders build up easily and look right in scale for thickness.

IMG_8927.JPG

Step 7 has us installing the subassemblies.

IMG_8931.JPG

IMG_8932.JPG

IMG_8933.JPG

I'll hit the filing fuzz with a little liquid cement to clean them up. More to come.

Takom Krupp 21cm Morser 10/16 UPDATE 1/17/17

Thank you, my friends! I had two vacation days and two holidays squirreled away, so got a mini staycation this past weekend and decided to make the most of it. This kit has been a nice diversion from my usual fare.

I added the retaining pins to the wheels, something Takom did not include. :idonno

IMG_8939.JPG

Also not included in the kit was the retaining pin for locking the gun during transit. This was added with a bit of copper wire and a couple holes.

IMG_8937.JPG

IMG_8938.JPG

I purchased some bolt heads from Meng (where I bought them, I can't tell you :frantic ), they are really nice and since they are styrene, they glue into place very easily.

IMG_8934.JPG

IMG_8935.JPG

Just select the size and use a sharp blade to remove them from the sheet. Couldn't be easier!

IMG_8941.JPG

More sub assemblies...

IMG_8942.JPG

IMG_8940.JPG

I plan to finish the assembly this weekend, I'm using the last 2 days of paid freedom for the year. :laugh:

Thanks for stopping by, sign the guest book and grab a brew, don't cost nothin'.

Back