• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Wingnuts Gotha

Big10

This will be a large undertaking by my part. Should be a lot of fun and I hope I do not give up on it.

The Kit.

I have the HGW Super Detail set, and Building the Wingnuts Gotha publication.

Hope I did this right.

See y'all later.

Close enough John, generally get a shot of the time with the unbuilt kit, not just the box but this is good enough. And really I dig your background on your phone!

Really looking forward to this. :popcorn

This will be fun. Mines almost 1/2 done and then i shelved it. It was too big. I'm going to enjoy watching.
James

Sorry Moon Puppy, I always mess up something. Would this had been better so I know next time?

Alright, to the build now. Started with the cockpit flooring. I am using uschi van der rosten wood decals again. Most every thing I have learned has come from his tutorials on his web sight. So all credit goes to him.

I painted the floor with a base color of dark yellow tamiya paint.

I then pick out some different panels and give them a different color. I think I used Guenze Sail and radome.

Now its time to decide which wood decals I want to use.

Decisions, decisions, decisions. :gogo

For the next step I use tracing paper. I lay the flooring under my paper, pick out a panel and trace around it.

I then lay my decal sheet under my tracing paper and cut out my new wood decal.

Be sure to study your instruction. I leave gaps where other object are to be place, do not want a fit or clearance issue.

Sometimes I alter the grain to which way I want it to run. After some time, you get this.

More to do tomorrow.

It's a real treat watching this come together, I appreciate both your skill and the time you're taking to post the work.

Excellent.

Thanks all, just a little update.

I forgot to mention that I use white glue thinned with water. This makes sure the decal does not lift if I have to do any masking and help the decal to slide on the matte surface.

Now that my floor has dried over night, I went back with light oil colors and glazed over the top.

Also if i run into raised spots, i will use my Waldron punch and cut the small hole so it lays nicely around raised spots.

Where I set as of now.

Now I am waiting on a paint set from LifeColor. I need more wood tone colors.

That wood deck really looks good!! (y) The bare wood piece under the pilot spot really is a good contrast and stands out nicely.

Have one of these in the stash just have not decided to build on it yet. Will be watching closely!

:popcorn

Thanks again all, your too kind. :v

Small update. I feel like I should have just oil brushed this sucker and been done with the cockpit. What a tedious task putting decals on all these bulkheads.

Used my punch to do this.

Lay on top to verify

Punch holes

and bam

Crappy Cell phone pic, makes it look too red.

Also got some work to the bulkheads.

All for now. So many parts. :gogo

Might be tedious but it looks very cool. I think I will try it. Was going to use decals for my Albie but started doing oils and just petered out.
(y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) :D :popcorn
James

Back