• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

MkIV Female Heavy Battle Tank by EMHAR 1/35

White_Wolf

Master at Arms
Starting pic, never done an Emhar kit before. I don't know, have a funny feeling about this one. box was sealed and everything but none of the sprues are in plastic bags, just hanging in there ...weird. Anyway, time to get the show on the road.

he9e302b.JPG

Laurence

Great choice, Laurence - I'm over committed to campaigns here on MA, but if I was going to enter this one, then this kit (or the 'Male') would have been my choice. I remember before we left UK, these things were so cheap, about £10-12.00....

....Really looking forward to seeing this progress.

Ian

Thanks Ian, I bought two Emhar kits, the female and the Whippet. Didn't get the chance to do much last night, hopefully soon though, keen to get this done asap. They were $50 each :hmmm

Cheers,
Laurence

Cant wait to see this build. And if it puts your mind at ease a lot of older kits never came in plastic bags. Just the trees in a box.
James

Thanks James & Sherm.

I see, well, I don't have a problem with the plastic bags, not too worried since the whole box was wrapped in plastic and nothing seems to be missing.

Made a start , photos to come later on today. The barrels (all four of them) are atrocious :vmad :vmad :vmad

Laurence

Two months since I started this one ...geez :smack

Progress pics - almost assembled, except for one rail at the top and the tracks. Lots of filling and sanding, the nice part is that you don't get a zillion wheels to do :D

h98c4d3c.JPG

he704e43.JPG

h65e616b.JPG

One thing I am not sure of is the exhaust pipe at the rear - the instructions say bugger all about it :vmad

Thanks for looking

Laurence

Looking good. Just as a teaser Fruilmodelisimo <sp> have tracks for this kit now. I'll see if I can find a good pic of the aft end, what bugs you about the exhaust?
James

This should help http://www.google.ca/search?q=Mk+IV+Male+walkaround&hl=en-CA&gbv=2&ie=UTF-8&prmd=ivns&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=4GS1U96tJeTK8gGjl4GoCg&ved=0CAUQ_AU
Especially thisw pic

Mark%20IV-09%20(UK-MRA04).jpg

James

Thanks James, appreciate it.

What bugs me is lack of information on the instructions and also the pic below - I know it's a different tank - Supply and not the "fighting one" but the exhaust there looks very different.

h3d1146d.jpg

Laurence

Very busy last few months, lots going on for better or worse and all that :vmad :vmad :vmad Anyway, after a long delay, progress pic below. I decided it to make it a small vignette, the monster crossing a trench, tank on top of what is the start to the terrain. Unditching beam (not part of the kit :vmad :vmad :vmad ) scratched it, is on top but I have the intention of showing it "deployed" , hanging over the trench or something.

h2cc0a6c.JPG

Thanks for looking.

Laurence

Back