• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Fokker Eindecker

moon puppy

Administrator
Staff member
I don't have the kit yet but will get it.

James has tempted me with some aftermarket stuff so I'd like to post it here for safe keeping.

http://www.taurusmodels.pl/oberursel%20U0r.htm

http://www.aviattic.co.uk/aviattic.co.uk/WW1_Accessories.html#5

:pilot

:smack

Knock it off with those negative wave Dave! Haven't even got the stuff in my hand yet and you're talking about breaking stuff, why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?

Dang...

:mpup

:smack

Knock it off with those negative wave Dave! Haven't even got the stuff in my hand yet and you're talking about breaking stuff, why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?

Dang...

:mpup
I just like teasing you :yipee

I was just eyeballin' it on the website. Debating on early vers late right now. Not sure what the difference is.

The later version had a longer thinner cord wing. Also the position of the wing changed depending on the aircraft from mid to high on the fuselage side. Engine was the same . If you go for the E.IV, the there is the turtleback and a double engine. (from memeory so some other things I am probably missing)
James

Thanks James, just looked over the E.IV instructions, calls for some surgery which I'm sure is not to hard to do but...there's always that chance! :bang head

Yep, once model budget builds up again, I'm going with the Late E.III :pilot

Game on!
:pilot

h29613d7.jpg

h0022acc.jpg

I know I had the cowl cued up and about to purchase but I guess I did not because I find no email or part about it. will order that ASAP. I suspect I'll be painting something this weekend. Like to get that 8Rad built before getting involved with this. But it's tempting me.... :coolio

Correction, Cowl is on the way. :pilot

Quote this over from here.

Happens to all of us Bob, you wouldn't want to know how many kits I have in stasis right now. I keep looking at my Eindecker too but after looking at some online builds I have decided that it won't be my first WNW kit, all that rigging scares the crap outta me :S

I know Gary, that's one reason I like the Fokker D.VII and the idea of a DrI. I really looked at doing that Fe8 but seeing the fine job Terry did I figure why bother. That would be a rigging nightmare to me.

I picked the Eindecker because it's monoplane, figure I can get to top and bottom much more easily and with the EZLine product, I think it will be much easier. Problem I had with rigging was the string, I used the monofilament 2lb test that had no give. I get one line tight and go to the next only to slacken the other line. The EZLine has a lot of give and I don't think I'll have that problem this time.

Started the engine last night.

Those cooling fins are really light, be careful with them. I made the mistake of trying to hold that end of the part while sawing off the pour stub and damaged some. Learned that lesson really quick. Hope the damage doens't show badly cause I"m clueless how to fix it.

h5a1837f.jpg

Also got the floorboard prepped for the wood grain. Just a coat of Tamiya Buff.

Try running the saw blade or kno\ife in between the fins to nudge them back. No pressure or they may snap. Watching with interest :popcorn
James

Did that James, they still kinda wonky but I got them separated. Maybe I can hide that cylinder up in the cowl. Which btw, I ended up with two of them, I ordered the first then forgot I ordered it. Think that happened when I was doped up from the shingles...:rotf

Got the wood grain on the floor. Not sure if I'm going to seal it with the transparent red or just clear. The red would give it a lot more character but wonder if it will even show up once inside.
h6bc733a.jpg

And I"ve already screwed up the engine. :bang head :bang head Should have ordered two to start with. One of the valve rockers got cocked in the cylinder head and when I tired to pull it out all that nice detail just crumbled. I'll get another and press on, no biggy. :soldier :pilot

Back