• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

IPMS NATIONALS SCI-FI PICTURES

MrT

Master at Arms
Staff member
Here are some of the entries Sci-Fi category at the 2011 IPMS Nationals. There were lots of them and they were really cool.

Terry

DSC05846.JPG

DSC05847.JPG

DSC05848.JPG

DSC05849.JPG

DSC05850.JPG

DSC05851.JPG

DSC05852.JPG

DSC05853.JPG

DSC05854.JPG

DSC05855.JPG

DSC05856.JPG

DSC05857.JPG

DSC05858.JPG

DSC05859.JPG

B)

Without seeing what took 1 and 2 spots, I think you got robbed on the Walkin' Sherman. Just saying.

thanks Terry!

:idonno
How do you have mistakes on a WIF?

It must have been some really stiff competition. Who did that one Soviet looking walker with the Bed Springs? looks familiar.

:idonno
How do you have mistakes on a WIF?

It must have been some really stiff competition. Who did that one Soviet looking walker with the Bed Springs? looks familiar.

I think Greg Cilar did that one.

Don't ask me how they find them, but I guess they did.

I truly hope they at least tell you what they found so you can fix it or improve.

However, I am very happy to read of your kid's wins!

Regards,

Who did that one Soviet looking walker with the Bed Springs?

DSC05854.JPG

Is that thing retreating, ahem (clears throat) walking backwards? If so, he is about to hit the wall! If not, did he just land there? Something about the placement on the base doesn't make sense. Yet, this is Sci-Fi so I don't really know.

Regards,

I truly hope they at least tell you what they found so you can fix it or improve.

However, I am very happy to read of your kid's wins!

Regards,

Thanks Saul!! They never tell you what was wrong unless you run down the judges and ask them. It's ok lots of folks didn't get anything. I received lots of compliments even from the first place winner.

Who did that one Soviet looking walker with the Bed Springs?

DSC05854.JPG

Is that thing retreating, ahem (clears throat) walking backwards? If so, he is about to hit the wall! If not, did he just land there? Something about the placement on the base doesn't make sense. Yet, this is Sci-Fi so I don't really know.

Regards,

I think if he had oriented the feet to be walking along the rail bed it would have been better, but what can I say, I can't even get started with a base.. :bang head

Everything on this mech is facing forward. This just how this model is designed. Weird yes but right.

Weird yes but right.

The 'mech' is cool and not what looks wrong. It seems to be stepping down forward from that building which has a closed door that is smaller than the warrior. So unless he dropped down from above, landing so close to the building, it seems out of place on the base. Both the base and model are great, it is the 'attitude' of the 'mech' on the base that seems wrong.

Regards,

T,

Cool lookin' stuff indeed ! Congrats again on your Placement !

Thanx for sharing th Pix !

I agree th Russian Dust Mech would look better on a Base that more resembled th Tractor factory .. A Wide Open Space. If He didn't come out of that door .. Why Would He back against th Wall, or even walk along th Wall or what ever .. IT looks a lil' Disjointed .... or somethin'

Greetings Terry;

..... Thank you for posting these pics.... :mpup

Looks like a Nice's IPMS get together.

... :D ...,

Mike

Weird yes but right.

The 'mech' is cool and not what looks wrong. It seems to be stepping down forward from that building which has a closed door that is smaller than the warrior. So unless he dropped down from above, landing so close to the building, it seems out of place on the base. Both the base and model are great, it is the 'attitude' of the 'mech' on the base that seems wrong.

Regards,

Maybe he backed into the wall? He could be looking at something like the Hulk! that would be neat.

Back