• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

MA.K. P.K.A.- K/4 Ketzer

I am very fond of a quote from Contemporary artist Paul Gardner- “A painting (model) is never finished - it simply stops in interesting places.”

So here's the Ketzer- tried to play with some ideas- first with an "asymmetric" placement on the base- the 'lean" was to suggest motion (something akin to Bernini's David), second with layering on the painting of the 4 color camo.each color was applied with a clear layer on each- then I tried to use the Hinterhalt-Tarnung Disc method used late in WWII. It worked in some places and didn't in others. The effect was surprising when I washed it I could see something cool happening with the layers. Anyway, to quote Gardner I stopped at an interesting place. Let me know what you think

Ketzer%20Xc%20050XA_zpsg21dobmu.jpg

Ketzer%20c%20058_zpshy9towss.jpg

Ketzer%20xc%20047_zps7lybxx9h.jpg

Ketzer%20c%20A%20011_zpsqmihza8c.jpg

Ketzer%20c%20055a_zpsvxkuv7cp.jpg

Ketzer%20c%20008b_zpsaqyrz4do.jpg

Ketzer%20003aa_zpsrs9cjvme.jpg

Ketzer%20XXC%20035asm_zpspocjhdvb.jpg

I think you nailed it John! :notworthy

It's great you had a vision for this and you were able to put it together. Great job! (y)

Back