• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

TERRY'S B-26 FLAK BAIT

MrT

Master at Arms
Staff member
Here we go wheels up flaps up. Here is my project and time stamp from Fox news. Still to get my PE, but all the Quick Boost stuff. Let the fun begin.

Terry B)

DSC04790.JPG

DSC04791.JPG

DSC04792.JPG

B)

Re: TERRY'S B-26 FLAK BAIT"ENGINES TURNING OVER"

Small update! While waiting for the PE to arrive I decided to move to the engines. I am replaceing the kit engines with Quick Boost engines that are really nice, but still need to be detailed. Here is progress so far.

Terry B)

DSC04809.JPG

DSC04810.JPG

B)

The firewall on those engines, do they fit the kit OK?

Yeah they seem to. Might need to make a more positive stop in the cowling.

Terry B)

Nice so far!

Please do not wait on the PE. Go to Eduard's site and download the instructions.

See how your engine harness is beautifully rendered in 3d? Now only add the spark plug wires. Also, detail the prop hubs unless you plan to cap them.

Regards,

Oh yeah I never thought of that thanks Saul!

Terry B)

Just click on the image in the above post. Saves you some searching!

Regards,

Thanks that's big help!

Terry ;)

Re: TERRY'S B-26 FLAK BAIT"LET THERE BE PE"

I got three of the PE sets I need yesterday YEEEE HAAA!!

DSC04815.JPG

Terry B)

Looking forward to seeing your work Terry!

I just hope I can make a clean build. Airplanes and me don't always get along.

Terry

Re: TERRY'S B-26 FLAK BAIT"AT THE CONTROLS"

I have done some work in the cockpit area. I just couldn't wait to get into that pre-painted eduard stuff pretty cool so far. There are a lot of small parts so it's been slow going. I wired the cockpit controls and started the cockpit jump seat. I still need to add the so control levers and to paint the yoke. So here are some update pictures to which comments questions are welcome.

Terry B)

DSC04828.JPG

DSC04829.JPG

DSC04830.JPG

DSC04831.JPG

DSC04832.JPG

B)

The rear of the instruments are to be painted in semi-gloss black, the wires entering the instruments were under a rubber (black) boot similar to spark plug covers, and the wires were color coded. Sometimes the complete wire was a dfferent color or there was a colored tag.

I am surprised that the fuselage former (bulkhead for tread-heads) at the station before the instrument panel only has details on one side of one leg.

b26cockpit2.jpg

b26.jpg

b26-007.jpg

martin-b-26-marauder-cockpit-02.png

And this is simply to blow your mind:
B-26G 360 Cockpit

B-26 Marauder Home Page

B-26 Home Page

Ask and I will provide more,

Thanks Saul!! It would be nice to know the color the instrument wires were. Also the interior color may not have been dark green as the kit instructions call for.

Terry :hmmm

Thanks Saul!! It would be nice to know the color the instrument wires were. Also the interior color may not have been dark green as the kit instructions call for.

Terry :hmmm

Aircraft wireing was generally white. Thicker wire in the double ott range would be an orangy yellow to buff yellow. Conduit would be a/c colour or aluminum and engine wiring generally woven steelish colour. German wiring seems to mainly an ochre yellowish to light yellow. And you would also find black wire (rubber). The white discolours pretty quick around heat or rubber clad wires or oils etc. Mid 70's on the white wire is less prevelent and kapton wire is more prevelent. Kapton II would be an ochre and kapton III is yellowish to greenish to orangy depending on the application.

Maybe this will help a bit
149117.jpg

2272.JPG

3258.JPG

From Lady Be Good
rknd_scan_lbg_32.jpg

rknd_scan_lbg_33.jpg

rknd_scan_lbg_34.jpg

rknd_scan_lbg_29.jpg

James

Thanks Mr. Knaus!