• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

NOVA STAR PROJECT "NV-S1 FINAL CONCEPT"

MrT

Master at Arms
Staff member
h798ea45.jpg

NOVA STAR PROJECT

I expect it's a design as you go build. No oics yet as he doesn't have a real starting point yet. :hmmm

NOVA STAR PROJECT

:eek:hyeah

Some concepts and just cool stuff....

h464f918.jpg

hc0870aa.jpg

he2cd64f.jpg

h8307fb7.jpg

h4d9e5f0.jpg

hee8656c.jpg

h5ef35e1.jpg

h3df4c93.jpg

NOVA STAR PROJECT

Those are really some bad-ass looking ships Terry! Man, they would be fun to take into a galactic battle!

I have a feeling this is going to turn out like that Squadron Eagle Best of Show.

NOVA STAR PROJECT

Those are really some bad-ass looking ships Terry! Man, they would be fun to take into a galactic battle!

I have a feeling this is going to turn out like that Squadron Eagle Best of Show.

Thanks Duke!

An idea is beginning to form....it's the cockpit I'm having trouble getting my head around.

but....

h6a732e0.jpg

B)

NOVA STAR PROJECT

Nova Star cockpit CAD design: Preliminary

hc2d9ebc.JPG

It's a beginning....

B)

NOVA STAR PROJECT "THE CAD DESIGN"

Ok after much thought, sketches, and part evaluation I have arrived at the final concept design.

Let me introduce you to the NV-S1 NOVASTAR. A bubble type fighter having 4 wings in a "X" configuration with a plasma cannon on each tip. Pilot controls will be suspended inside a clear aluminum alloy sphere affording the pilot a nearly 360 degree field of vision. Power plant is the Quasar 6 hyper drive delivering speeds up to twice the speed of light. Sheilding is provided by the Direct X rotating shield generator which is able to position shielding for as many as 6 points of attack. Shields rated for both plasma and lazer weapons. Navigation is provided by the Quicksilver 10 navigation system which is able to calculate jumps of up to 4 parsects. The NV-S1 will be the cutting edge of star fighters for years to come.

Concept renderings(final design subject to change)(power plant not included)

bubble_1.JPG

bubble_5.JPG

bubble_3.JPG

bubble_2.JPG

bubble_4.JPG

There that was fun!

;)

:popcorn
Cool beans. You going to 3d print this? Would be cool. Also with a big canopy in front like that the whole cockpit could be on a gyroscopic race allowing level pilot repose despite ship position. Thinking all sorts of neat stuff here.
James

Back