• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

U.S. SPECIAL FORCES "M1078 WAR PIG"

MrT

Master at Arms
Staff member
While researching the details of Supacat Jackal I ran accross another machine that has caught my interest. It is the M1078 "WAR PIG" used by the U.S. Special Forces in Iraq. The design is in keeping with the British LRDG trucks used in North Africa. The vehicle is derived from the M1078 Tactical truck used by the U.S. Military some of which were converted into "Gun" trucks for convoy protection. There is now a up armored factory version of the M1078, but the "War Pig" is a highly modified version using only the drivetrain and chassie.

h9e52158.jpg

h6ee7a85.jpg

hb35b67e.jpg

h841f1ee.jpg

h323c87c.jpg

The War Pig can carrier any of the pintle mounted weapons used today even the minigun. To do a project like this there is a wide range of stuff out there to make one of these "MadMax" machines. Here is what I will need to get started.

h4743f85.jpg

he1ebee4.jpg

h6ff9f9e.jpg

But with all weapons sets provided by LiveResin and all the stowage sets available not to mention figure sets this could be quite a project.

What do you think?

Terry

....a modern LRDG... :popcorn

...a cool stuff :good:

Luiz

A modern LRDG is right! The vehicle is almost configured the same way with the lighter weapons in the drivers area and heavy stuff mounted in the bed. This thing is rigged for long patrols by the look of all the stowed gear just like the LRDG trucks.

DSC07960.JPG

(y)

You can even use the three axle M-1083 (see it further from the camera):
h6ee7a85.jpg

Here I was thinking this would be cool:
FMTV_armoured_truck_United_states_army_forum_ArmyRecognition_003.jpg

The Pig roots up this one!

Regards,

You can even use the three axle M-1083 (see it further from the camera):
h6ee7a85.jpg

Here I was thinking this would be cool:
FMTV_armoured_truck_United_states_army_forum_ArmyRecognition_003.jpg

The Pig roots up this one!

Regards,

Wow I didn't notice the 6 x 6! The up armored M1078 would still be a great project. I love the unpainted armor.

Terry (y)

Back