• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Flitz!

Iron Mike

Master At Arms And Resident Curmudgeon
Recently, Chris and I were discussing Opti-Visors and he told me that he uses Flitz polish on his lens. I have used other metal and plastic polishes, but had not tried Flitz. Our local hardware store had a tube in stock, so I brought it home and used a small dab on my old Opti-Visor's lens. Not only did it clean almost 20 years of accumulation from the lens, but did so in about 10 seconds! I used some on my pliers and several other hand tools that have corrosion from the moisture on my hands and once again, I was amazed. A 50 gram (1.76 oz.) tube was about $10 and will most likely be a lifetime supply, but given all it's uses, I am really a beliver.

Flitz21.JPG

Thanks for the tip, Chris! It was too good not to share.

:drinks

Pretty impressive on your jewelry and last but not least it will make a canopy shine really well :D

Cheers, Christian :D

Nice, wonder if it works on headlights and that stubborn bathroom stain...:rotf

I remember you guys talking about this stuff before. I'll keep a look out for it.

I would like to hear more about canopies. I have tried many polishes and it really was not worth the effort. Better with polish, but not shiny enough to do it again.

Hi Robert, how about posting a picture of what you got and we'll see what if we can offer some help.

Nice, wonder if it works on headlights and that stubborn bathroom stain...:rotf

I remember you guys talking about this stuff before. I'll keep a look out for it.

Hmmmmm . Might be a bit pricey to clean out commodes Bob :idonno But Hey, they're not mine :coolio

Cheers, Christian B)

Back