• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

A Home for my 'Kate'.

randy_ditton

Master at Arms
Hello All,

Here is my pic, Allied personel inspecting a IJN B5n2 at a captured airfield PTO in 1944 or 45? Kept the photo but don't have any other info.

I built the plane for the "Bomber Command" campaign and will continue the project here.

005-76.jpg

Just getting started, this will be 1/48th scale. Here are some pics showing some ideas...

002-76.jpg

032-15.jpg

030-8.jpg

021-24.jpg

011-52.jpg

The tarp and sandbags are just mocked up for now.

The base is about 16" round. Want something tall along the back side that is not the usual palm tree.

Thinking to model a wall of a hanger, would be looking at it from the outside, really just some girders and such. Nice and lacey.

Something like this...

020-23.jpg

Like I said, just a building flat.

Thanks for looking in!

Randy

Well done ! Great idea for getting more mileage out of a build. Its got me thinking now....must start looking at old photos :)

Thanks MP!!

Hi James (y) (y)

Hello Paddy, Get back to work on thoose spokes :D :D

Glenn, Will try my friend :) :)

Some progress, because it was to painful to watch my Broncos :unsure: :unsure: . on the base.....

Powdered dirt for ground cover then starting to add layers of vegetation...

006-68.jpg

014-45.jpg

020-24.jpg

025-19.jpg

032-16.jpg

047-4.jpg

064-3.jpg

052-7.jpg

056-6.jpg

078-1.jpg

080-1.jpg

085-1.jpg

The grass is available from www.scenicexpress.com Buffalo Grass by MiniNatur... The larger grass and fonds are just construction paper. The drums are from 'Tichy'

That is all for now!

Randy

RANDY ,

Nice Grass Dude !! :v :dude

up-in-smoke.jpeg

I Dig th Palm fronds !! I have some of that Grass from Scenic Express .. It's Awesome stuff !!

Back