• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

I want in on this, but..............

Sherman 18

Master at Arms
Okay I have been looking for a picture. I like the fact that there is no time limit. Maybe the challenge would do my modeling a hole lot of good. Never have I tried to do a picture. I have never tried converting a figure. I have not tried a diorama since I was 13. What I'm worried about is frustation and burn out. I was thinking a first of doing a Military subject, but after looking at a lot of photos. I have come down to these. All are automotive in subject matter and you do not see many done in their use. I'm still working on kits that I can use and figures I can start with for a base to convert.

ferguscountycreameryca1918_20100505_1246550231.jpg
This one everything is you can get in 1/87 scale. But I think it would look more like model railroad thing. Then again I would not do this in anything bigger that bralle scale.

mtwilsonglass-1917_20100505_1046505268.jpg
The Mack truck you can get in 1/87 scale and in 1/25 scale, you would have to back date either kit. 1/25 scale would look cool

kolarsdumpingwheatintoboxcaratjoanca1925_247067_20100505_1483159765.jpg
Again all everything in 1/87 also the model railroad thing again. There has been an old 1/16 scale Ford TT kit on ebay every couple of years but better have $

30jones_20100505_1320809629.jpg
Now this one the coupe (the one going on its nose) you can get in 1/24 scale or 1/87. The 1934 sedan is only out in 1/25 I know of. It would be a lot of work doing the people in the stands.

32front_20100505_1320056333.jpg
Oh yeah! A 1948 picture of a 1930 or '31 Model A Ford Roadster dirt track racing here in Kansas. Now there is a kit in 1/16 scale, looking for a figure to convert into the driver. Any suggestions?

52chuckjones_20100505_1595449134.jpg
Ahhh, kinda sick I know. Seat belts are for Wussys is what I would call it. The '32 Ford Coupe is out in 1/24 scale. But again the people in the stands is what scares me. Thats a lot of them. Man it would be cool when done and in color.

I'm going to keep working on looking for figures to convert. If I can get a couple of basic ones to cast into resin I believe I can do it. I'm really bouncing between the last three, more on the last two. As soon as I can have some figures I will dive right in on this group build.

I like the Mack truck with the 'merican flags. No impending deaths involved like the stock car careening into the crowd with the driver hanging out of the top.

Well I'm glad I posted them and had a different look at them. The Dirt track racers flipping is pretty tachy and also would be hard to do. I like the Mack I believe it would be cool in 1/25 scale. I will work on finding some figures in that scale.

Thanks Moonpuppy for the advise. :)

So the Makc AC Bulldog. I find figures then I'm in.

Yeah ole #52 is kinda cool.

One thing is for certain. If you added the fans in the stands, when you were done, you would be a figure painting expert :pinch: .

And for a title you could use one of three.

1. Hi Mom.

2. Look, no hands.

3. Just for Moon Puppy ;) . "Hey everyone, watch this"

Gary B)

G Cooper wrote:
3. Just for Moon Puppy ;) . "Hey everyone, watch this"

Gary B)

Had to run this through the translator, "Hey Y'all, Watch this!" would be the culturally accepted phrase and redneck death cry.

#52 if I cut it at the wall, I did not think that would follow the rules of the group build.

I did find figures in G scale I just have to get some and I'm off

The official Southern , drawlmenclature is " Hey ya'll watch this " .

Loozeeannnna resident 1975 - 1979 .

You don't have to include everything in the pic. ...... like down to the lady bug a few inches from that front tire , ....... the main focus of the pic. would be expected , built in as exact copy as possible though .

moon puppy wrote:
JSteinman wrote:
well then, make it a shadow box, and use a printed background of people stands!

BAM! Great idea! That would be too cool. (y)

Shadow box :hmmm

Lets see here that would mean I would get to use some power tools!!!!!!!!!!! (y)

Okay a 1932 Ford 3 Window Coupe taking a spill under the lights, dirt track racing on a Saturday Night.

I CAN DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!

A simple Photo-shop of the image, to clone the crowds and fend to eliminate the car, and you have the exact image following this.

Regards,

sharkmouth wrote:
A simple Photo-shop of the image, to clone the crowds and fend to eliminate the car, and you have the exact image following this.

Regards,

Saul! Perfect, and...

I think you should paint the dio part in grey scale! Way too kewl!

This was 5 minutes in PhotoShop, obviously, the longer one takes, the better the results...
Clipboard01.jpg

So, I expect better than this!

:woohoo:

Regards,

Oh come on Pup , .......... I thought " Hey ya'll watch this " was where you were gonna go ............

Let me get this straight. Greyscale is what? Paint the thing in shades of gray?

Shadow box - with car, driver (well more like a flyer), wall, track, the banana peel, all built in 1/24 scale. For the back of the box a little edited photo of the folks in the stands. This would all be in the rules of the build?

I'm good with it. This would be fun.

Back