• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Sherman in it's natural state !

G Cooper

I saw this on the Normandy website that Tom shared with us the other day, and thought it looked pretty cool. It's not to cluttered, but there is just enough detail here and there to be interesting. I think the most interesting bit would be the wooden dummy barrel laying in front of the tank with the turret mantlet right there beside it.

snapshot_build_ideas_20100420_1649917824.jpg

I found this by following the story of Whitmanns run through Villers Boccage. This is one of the vehicles that he knocked out on that day.

Now all I really need is some help from those more educated than I, on letting me know which kit would be best for this.

Gary B)

I'm no sherman expert, but I believe that is an M4A4 (Sherman V in British use)

the best kit would be a Tasca Sherman V I reckon :)

Chris is right. This is one of two command tanks knocked out. The other was based on the Cromwell. The base model Sherman here is the M4A4. Tasca makes the best one out there.

LionMarc Models Designs (and others) have the correct British antenna guards needed.

Regards,

Back