• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

What's up?

Kreighshoer

i see this place and i see a thick layer of dust!

no one having the guts to take the challenge of a ref pic build?

IIRC there was quite some enthusiasm when this idea was brought up by our very own cooler king!

where's the enthusiasm gone? everybody waiting for someone else to start with something in here?

shall i dump this place here? you really want me to do that?

Crickets chirping noises ................

Hey for what it's worth I'm here ..............................................

Laura you might as well sh#t can the whole idea , I just think everyone has too much on their plate .

Or it could be boredom .........................

1mona-lisa-picking-nose.jpg

I"m still interested, just got to clear the bench and find the subject, pay taxes, finish project at work...mow lawn...clean gutters...paint carport...clean out garage...

I must say I still like the idea very much! But my lack of modelling skills (figures, dioramas and scratch building)keeps me from building something like this:

Bundesarchiv_Bild_101I-305-0674-32A.jpg

Who can build this??? :woohoo:

Cheers Erik

Erik you could pull that off, just got to tackle it and give it a shot.

now about the picture. I've heard of War Prizes but really!

The idea is very nice!
The car was a Fiat 1100 requisitioned by the Germans almost certainly in Italy. Note that the car has no wheels, this was a typical ploy by the owners tried to prevent the seizure, but in this case does not help much ...

The problem is that there is not a model of the Fiat 1100 in 1 / 35 (I do not know other scales). Probably in the future will realize it in resin Model Victoria...

If this were not the Snap Shots in Time section you could use most any other period vehicle. point of this section is to create an exact replica of the photo. I don't see why creative license could not be applied.

Certainly the Germans have requisitioned any type of vehicle. I agree that the diorama would be equally beautiful with any type of vehicle at the time.
I wanted to say that it is a pity that there is not a model of Fiat 1100, a car that was widespread even among the Germans
(Sorry if I can not understand, but I need help with google translator)

this would be a fun subject for a campaign, many pics that could make nice dioramas out there on the webb :)
//Mats

Look the photo better, the car could be more likely the Fiat 500th "Topolino" ...

http://www.modelvictoria.it/mezzi/fiat_500_topolino.htm

think you can be right there! my father had one of those once, i guess a couple of strong men could lift that little thing up on the halftrack :)
//Mats

Look the photo better, the car could be more likely the Fiat 500th "Topolino" ...

http://www.modelvictoria.it/mezzi/fiat_500_topolino.htm

Yes, Model Victoria offers the Topolino in resin. Here is the photo from that link:

MVtopolino.jpg

Regards,

if I remember right, I also said this is a great idea ... well some moons back :) Anyway, I will not participate in here, I have too much to do .

But - yes go for the Topolino on top of a halftrack - cool picture

Back