• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Canadian Sherman

Cheyenne

Anyone up for building a Canadian Sherman or two and a dozer ?

can1.png

Hi James , yes Italy . Moro river valley .
The pic. came from wwiica. a wonderful site with a lot , I mean a lot of fantastic ref. pics.
No mention of units .

The caption under the pic. on wwii.ca stated that the two Shermans went off the road trying to avoid mortar fire ...............

Weird ..............

In the book.... "The Royal Canadian Armoured Corps" published by the Royal Canadian Armoured Corps Association.... it states "With the infantry riding on the back decks of twelve Shermans, Amy's squadron moved off at best speed along the exposed, winding road down to the Moro, but two of the tanks failed to make a sharp bend in the road and rolled over a ten-metre cliff. Once in the valley, they came under heavy artillery and mortar fire, forcing the infantry to dismount and continue on foot. Negotiating the steep far bank of the river, they continued along the switchback road and climbed up to the village, only to have the lead tank disabled by a mine. Amy then led his remaining tanks off the road and continued through a muddy olive grove, until, with only four tanks still running, he managed to penetrate into the outskirts of San Leonardo. A much depleted Seaforth company, down to 39 men, arrived and cleared the enemy from the town."

There is also a shot from a bit further back than the one you showed that shows the bottom Sherman also..... Let me know if you want a copy of it...

Bob

Back