• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Juno Beach LCA

Ted

I'll try building a dio around this scene.It's the North Shore Regiment from New Brunswick in the initial assault on D-Day. The pictures are from a film shot aboard the LCA. There will have to be about 40 converted figures and the LCA will have to be scratchbuilt :silly: .

grant1.jpg

d-day.jpg

Ted , ...... some British and Canadian LCA's and some scratch building ref. stuff .

1059.jpg

British_LCA_1944.jpg

CHFT20landing20craft2.jpg

CHFT20landing20craft4.jpg

CHFT20landing20craft5.jpg

CHFT20landing20craft6.jpg

rays_photo_1_landing_craft.jpg

rays_photo_2_landing_craft.jpg

Don't ask , ..... I have no idea what this is all about .........

tank_landingcraft.jpg

Scratch refs ...............

12308LCA.jpg

lcaprofile.jpg

landing_craft_assault.jpg

Foundri [ sp ? ] miniatures kit ..........

hohenzylcaa.jpg

hohenzylcab.jpg

hohenzylcac.jpg

hohenzylcad.jpg

hohenzylcae.jpg

Here's a video of the scene I'd like to protray. Now if only I could robotically animate 1/35 plastic and resin figures.

Chris, that's a lot of pressure :unsure:, but thanks!

I am amped about building this scene, I've been collecting figures and mark III helmets. I also ordered the 1/35 La Fonderie LCA kit from modelhobbies in the UK, should be here in a week or so and I'll officially enter then.

The work to build this fussy kit, modify all those figures with Canadian D-Day equipment and reproduce the surf (my first time modelling water) will make this my project-of-the-decade. We'll see how it goes...

Here's my official start. The LCA comes with two nice metal bren guns. The figures will need a lot of work to match the reference photos.

IMG_8241.jpg

IMG_8244.jpg

IMG_8248.jpg

IMG_8250.jpg

IMG_0002.jpg

IMG_0003.jpg

Back