• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Odd Junk! Ju 160

sharkman

Master at Arms
Here's one you won't see everyday!

I'll try and do a Junkers Ju 160 for this in one of these Japanese markings, not sure which one I prefer yet

B)

That should be interesting . I think it's the export version of the Junkers W34 .

There is actually a sequence of one being shot down on one of the shows . Wondered what it was for years...

Cheers, Christian B)

Thanks folks!

That should be interesting . I think it's the export version of the Junkers W34 .

There is actually a sequence of one being shot down on one of the shows . Wondered what it was for years...

Cheers, Christian B)

I know Lufthansa had a fleet of these and Junkers sold some to Japan as well. It was meant to compete against the He 70.

Started giving everything a good bath!

This is a multimedia resin kit from Master-X. I have some other accessory kits from Master X but this will be my first full kit. The parts look great though some are a little on the thick side

The vac canopy looks clear, I'll have to make windows for the fuse. The canopy is an odd staggered shape!

Most of the parts are in a big resin lump so they all have to be removed and cleaned up

it should be a good size too when done (this is a 1/48 Hasegawa BF 109). It was designed as a passenger carrier, two crew and 6 passengers.

:pilot

What markings are you going to use?

This version of the kit only came with 2 Japanese markings (there is a version with German markings as well.

I do like the upper markings with the black cowl and swipe but I do like the overall silver one as well. Not sure yet!

Very interesting project... :popcorn :popcorn

I would definitely go with the second scheme. Much more "exotic", the other seems just like a second-hand Lufthansa machine.

Cheers

Alex

Now that is a very good & interesting Junkers ... I need to do something for this ... Must research more ... Great start Warren ... (y)

Thanks for the support guys! I'm thinking I might actually retract this entry for now. I really want to build it but with all the others I have on the go it might be a bit much, and I want to be able to devote some attention to it.

Back