• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

CSS Texas, 217-foot long ironclad ram, 1/192 Scale

Swordsman

CSS Texas, a 217-foot long ironclad ram, was launched at Richmond, Virginia, in January 1865. She was still fitting out when Federal forces captured the Confederate capital city in April 1865. The incomplete Texas was captured and taken to the Norfolk Navy Yard where she was sold in October 1867.

hd5caa39.jpg

Thanks Luiz, I have found a few ships that were called Texas ... There is even a Chilean naval vessel, tall ship Don't know if there is a model made or not ... I did find one of CCS Texas ... Made by flagship models ... :captain

There is also a Virgina class Nuclear USS TEXAS SN 775 which is one of our newest Subs currently under going sea trails ... She has already returned with a broom on Her sail, She is undergoing final outfitting ... :skipper

:bat Those damn Yankees! :D

Really like CW ironclads,

It would have been a cool mean looking beast

:bat Those damn Yankees! :D

Really like CW ironclads,

It would have been a cool mean looking beast

Yeah they captured it and sold it to be scrapped ... But I'm gonna build Her ... And if I can get a virgina class sub well build SN 775 ...

Thanks Luiz, I have found a few ships that were called Texas ... There is even a Chilean naval vessel, tall ship Don't know if there is a model made or not ... I did find one of CCS Texas ... Made by flagship models ... :captain

There is also a Virgina class Nuclear USS TEXAS SN 775 which is one of our newest Subs currently under going sea trails ... She has already returned with a broom on Her sail, She is undergoing final outfitting ... :skipper

As you know, a lot of "ex-Confederates" hi tailed it down South America way to avoid capture. I still wonder how "Britt" http://www.cafebritt.com/ coffee came to be.

Must be short for Brazilian or something like that ... Well I don't actually Think it was Hi-tailing either ... I think We withdrew to Re-group ... I need to check my email to see if I have received anything from My Adjutant General .... :woohoo: (y)

Back