• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Sd.kfz 7/1 armored cab (conversion) DONE!!!

Roman

I started this conversion in 1996 or 1997. I'm inspired with photo in "German half tracks in Action" on page 36, armored sd.kfz 7/1 in an entrenchment. Then in 2000 or 2001 I made the first version of base. Couple of years ago I made this base (second version). I plan to repaint figures and half track. And at last dethrone this shelf queen :)

IMG_55071.JPG

IMG_55081.JPG

IMG_55501.JPG

IMG_55521.JPG

Re: Sd.kfz 7/1 armored cab (conversion)

Thanks for looking guys :)

Now I testing 2 snow texture paints from Tamiya. I made some photos, later I'll post them.
Stay tuned :stinker

So, I primed the base with Tamiya gray primer and try snow texture paints
At the left side is "snow effect" and at the right is "powder snow effect"
IMG_55531.JPG

close up views
"powder snow effect"
IMG_55631.JPG

"snow effect"
IMG_55641.JPG

(y)
those snow effects from Tamiya is pretty nice, used the powder snow effect on my road warrior jeep.

I can't use lattice guards from Kamizukuri, because long parts are shorter than model :(
IMG_56091.JPG

Here is some progress on base
IMG_56101.JPG

Close up view, here I try to reproduce traces from the pick
IMG_56111.JPG

Sd.kfz 7/1 armored cab (conversion) REPAINTED

Current time progress.

I have added AFV Club clearance indicator poles
IMG_56121.JPG

overall view before repainting
IMG_56131.JPG

Added some different colors to base
IMG_56151.JPG

IMG_56161.JPG

I decided to try lifecolor paints
IMG_56201.JPG

The result not the unambiguous. On the one hand only 3 colors for modulation, less time than 6 colors from AK. On the other hand the air brush was sometimes spat with paints and it seemed to me that it too dense. I mean it is not transparent like AK paints. It is possible if to get used to paint and to find a mixture proportion with solvent, it will be ideal. Meanwhile I don't know it is pleasant to me to work with it or not. I will try more, not with this model. Now time to made an winter camo.
IMG_56181.JPG

IMG_56171.JPG

Tracks painted with tamiya dark iron and the drop of hull red.
IMG_56211.JPG

Re: Sd.kfz 7/1 armored cab (conversion) REPAINTED

Looking good, Roman! I have heard that about the Lifecolor paints, good to see some in action. (y) :drinks

Dear Roman.

...nice painting job.....great coverage...I had some problems with Lifelicolor too...the key of success is ,practice....practice....practice ....

:drinks

luiz

Back