• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Monogram 1/48 P-61

Jeeves

Here goes what looks to be an involved build...and molded all in black to boot...

IMG_20171006_220458.jpg

IMG_20171006_220517.jpg

This is going to be fascinating from what I've heard from others who have built this kit. :popcorn

Thanks Dave and Warren!

Sprayed the zinc chromate on the inner parts which makes them all that easier to see....I'm thinking of spraying gray primer on everything else just so it's easier to work with- might help make the gloss black not look so uniform as well....

Will watch with interest. I have three manufacturers kits of this aircraft and they all have issues of one sort or another. On the Revellogram kit from what I've read later releases of the kit had issues with the clear parts fitting poorly while earlier releases didn't. Not sure why this would be unless at some point the mold for the clear parts had to be remade.

So many builds for this Campaign, great to see this old favourite, Mike.

Ian.

Yeah, paint it all grey before you go blind is my recommendation. Learned about black plastic on my Tamiya Lancaster. I felt like there was nothing for my eyes to focus on.

NEET-O! Monogram's best selling Airplane model EVER!! Great for prowling around after dark!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuSGQPj6OAA
The eyes of NAS(R) White Oak are upon you!
"After Midnight, We gonna blast your Japanese."
:rotf

Looks good Mike!

:popcorn

Just a curiosity, Anyone know if Lonestar Models still makes the F-15 Reporter conversion for the P-61?

(I guess I can go look it up)

Worked on this one a bit....mainly with the two sets of booms....didn't take pics as I still need them to cure before I start fidgeting with them...but here is the main body as she waits for her other parts--not sure if the ailerons are supposed to be moveable but these ones seem to be...might have to glue them in place as I progress...

IMG_20171226_163208.jpg

IMG_20171226_163151.jpg

Have you decided on the marking yet? I've ordered some decals for mine and will have extra. I'm going to use the "Lady In Dark". Let me know if one of the others interest you. Gary S.

h2e98c86.jpg

Thanks Gary- cool looking decals. If I remember correctly, I think I was planning on the Snuffy Smith scheme? The kit came with two sets and one is in better shape than the other...but I haven't tried them out yet...

Back