• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Revell Kit No. 04888 Bf 109 G-10 Erla

moon puppy

Administrator
Staff member
he1ec617.jpg

Time to do some Mottling. get it...mottle...modeling... :tomato

It's got 2013 stamped on the inside. I dry fitted the cockpit and it looked ok but the fuselage really sealed up nicely without any glue, had to pry it apart again :rotf
Honestly, doesn't need a replacement cockpit, really nice detail out of the box.

I figure I build up both the kit and the resin cockpit to see what fits better.

h6c01956.jpg

Gotta break out my Luftwaffe colors, haven't used them in a long time.

Closer to the camera I guess. They are the same size, almost looks like the resin one used the kit parts for a pattern.

The cocpit structures look quite good. Hard to tell hom many parts there is .

Personally , I think the high parts counts is over valued if it does not add to the detail of the finished kit.

I have recently read some very positive comments on recent Revell kits (y) and they're always on the affordale end of the spectrum .

Cheers, Christian B)

Great choice and incredible VFM. This kit and the new Spit IX and brand new P-51D all are around the same price with excellent detail. Looks to me that Revell are aiming very precisely at Tamiya & Hasegawa and offering builders a large scale subject to build & paint quickly at about one-quarter to one-third the price of the Japanese kits.

Bob, you'll enjoy this one, it's a great kit and really 'sits' well. Looking forward. :popcorn

Ian.

Oh here it is. Forgot where I was building this. Sat down at the work bench tonight, had to find myway around again. Got RML66 painted and some wires highlighted. Maybe something photo worthy tomorrow. :pilot

Hey look, i'm paintin' :coolio

h22107c5.jpg

Trying to get this cockpit to line up in the fuselage. Not really drop in ready.

Back