• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Revell '29 Ford Roadster 85-4322 Done!

Iron Mike

Master At Arms And Resident Curmudgeon
Here's my entry, I've had this kit squirreled away since it came out.

h96220ef.JPG

h6501d57.JPG

h51a8fcb.JPG

It is nailhead powered right out of the box, a nice twist, since the last cars I built were kit bashed to the hilt. My wife said "So you're finally going to build another car?" Guess that means it's time, huh? Y'all come back now, ya hear?

:drinks

Revell '29 Ford Roadster 85-4322

Excellent choice, Mike. Looking forward to seeing what you make of it.

Ian.

Thanks guys! I got to spend the afternoon at the bench, how do I always end up working in such a small space?

h055b059.JPG

Had a great time, only found one hiccup. The kit comes with two sets of frame rails,floor pans and interior panels, depending on which version you intend to build. You need to be sure to check the interior to the floor pan, making sure the tabs align or they won't mate up. Ready to prime and move forward. Thanks for coming by.

I've seen your past Wheels builds. Cool choice! I know you'll rock this ol' Model A! Eh! :popcorn

I shall try to live up to the expectations. :blush: Thanks, my friends! (y)

Looks like a great project Mike!!

I don't build cars, and I want to build THIS car! A lot of potential with this kit.

I seem to remember you saying you didn't build trucks either Capt! :laugh: Glad to see you here!

;)

Thank you, my friends! I'm hoping to get some bench time tomorrow, maybe get some primer down.

Thanks for coming by!

Well, I did get some primer down and have pecked away at this pile of parts. Going to the Goodguys and the gasser drag races kind of got me going again, so here's where we are so far.
We need something to distribute the sparks, so here's a fantastic piece from Replicas & Miniatures of Maryland.

h2870acf.JPG

And something to carry that spark...

h714c757.JPG

h6b2f9f2.JPG

Sort of looks like Beaker on the Muppets?

h19a3f29.JPG

:cheer:

More parts with various shades of Alclad.

h222742d.JPG

Man, I've had these parts since the 90's!

h49eebad.JPG

hf763d97.JPG

The two larger pulleys are the kit parts with some AK pigments rubbed into them, the alternator pulley is PE.

Fresh out of the paint booth, Testors Ford Ultraviolet Pearl lacquer from the rattle can and a couple coats of their Wet Look Clear. I shot it yesterday and am pretty happy with the results. A very little polishing and we're good to go.

h086937d.JPG

h264a179.JPG

h73d3cfd.JPG

h3bbe341.JPG

Engine assembly, the Buick wears some Tamiya Gold and various bling.

hae8c8d4.JPG

More to come, we're on a roll now.

Thanks for coming by!

Last edited:

Thanks Dave! There's a long way to go yet. Revell included parts for two versions, a channeled version (which I'm doing) and a high boy with Deuce rails. Sounds cool, huh? Well, they should have spent a little more time on the instructions/parts list because they have mixed up some of the parts for the different versions. :eek:hmy: Of course, hot rodding is all about adapting and overcoming, so there's that. :laugh: The interior panels and floor pans are different for each version, so make sure the tabs line up before you assemble or paint. In addition, the exhausts are different, which I didn't catch until I was ready to start assembly. :pinch:

hf498d68.JPG

The painted part is correct for the high boy version. D'oh!

Here's a shot of the frame.

h893c1a0.JPG

The interior panels and seat, some crazy shade of satin light purple we had (wonder where that came from?? :idonno)

hbd031e3.JPG

Waiting for paint to dry on the exhausts...

:doh:

:ro:

Last edited:
Back