• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Revell 04588-0389 -Phantom F-4M/FGR.2

RichB

I was planning on doing a Monogram F-4J but it appears that a few bits have gone AWOL. So, staying with the Phantom theme, I'll go with this :

Start~11.JPG

Cheers,
Rich

Great choice, Rich - I still have the original Hasegawa kit :good:. That was a great time when RoG released a whole slew of Hasegawa kits for around half the price and (often) with better decals !!

Ian.

Only had some intermittent time at the bench this weekend but a few bits and pieces were built up and primed. The EMI Recce Pod, wing tanks, AIM-7 drill round (cutting the fins off a kit AIM_7), Strike Camera pod, liberated the inboard pylons with TER from a Monogram F-4, nose landing gear and some of the cockpit parts.

Bits_1.JPG

The Recce Pod design was based on the 500 gal centreline tank and included some technology originally destined for the TSR.2. It carried 4 cameras, a SLAR and IR linescan system. For night missions, the standard port outboard tank could be replaced by one modified with a flash system in the nose and tail cones.

The AIM-7 drill round was carried in the RH Fwd Sparrow location as ballast and the Strike Camera Pod mounted in the LH Fwd Sparrow location. The inboard pylons will become the home of some Matra rocket pods I have on order.

While checking out aircraft configurations, I found that the markings provided in the kit for the "Shiny Two" (No. II (AC) Sqn) aircraft were for their dual control trainer. That would require some significant mods to the aft cockpit so I have some decals on order for one of the line FGR.2's.

Cheers,
Rich

Sounds like you got this sorted-out, Rich. When I was at Coltishall, my boss was an old Recce Phantom driver... had some interesting stories to tell about low-level runs up to and along the Polish & Czech borders in the early 1970's !!

Ian.

Since our last episode, I've been doing some "gizmology" to busy up the cockpit by raiding the parts bin, breaking out the Apoxie and styrene.

Sidewalls.JPG

Tub.JPG

Seat_1~2.JPG

Seat_2~1.JPG

Cheers.
Rich

Back