• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Revell 85-4283 '57 Ford

ausf

Master at Arms
I'm in with this:

hecf13d1.jpg

h8e596ee.jpg

To make this:

ha6e0055.jpeg

Surrounded by these guys:

h57fb7b7.jpg

I'll start as soon as it lands in my hands (hopefully by the weekend)

I've heard good things about that kit, but haven't had my hands on one yet. :good:

Looking at the colors available in 57, I'm thinking it's either Starmist Blue or Willow Green.

hc6d3aae.jpg

h63f918c.jpg

h8e7d3d8.jpg

I've picked that kit up half a dozen times so far...it just hasn't quite pulled me to the register...

Yet. :laugh:

...and it's been updated as a station wagon with police car parts as an option. DEFINITELY a whole lot of cross-kitting potential there...

Ian.

Okay, I looked over the kit, took my start photos, then got into it.

I stripped the chrome off the parts that would have been sheet metal (at least on the Chevies I used to restore: grill, hubcaps, etc.) since they would have to match the trim on the kit I'd have to paint.

Then I started in on the denting on the right fender, ending up getting too close and ruining the headlight bezel. I cast the other and made a copy, but in the meantime took another look at the film.

They hit the alien head on and he ends up under the right front wheel. So I take another look at the book I have on these films and the scene with the Aliens hammering the fender is actually to dent it, not remove the damage. They were denting it to frame killing Frank Gorshin on the kids driving the car. Somehow I thought they were trying to eliminate evidence of hitting the alien.

So, I can't use this in the present condition, but I also found that it's not a 500 Custom, but a Fairlane. I was focusing on the headlight, bumper and grill and missed the trim. I would let it fly since it's the same car anyway and even make up the trim, but since I screwed the fender beyond use, I ordered another kit.

The Fairlane is AMT, so I can't use it here. I may build this eventually, but for now it's going to take a back seat.

At least I have the Rommel's Rod to fit the campaign.

Back