• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Revell 07354 - Corvette C5-R

ij001

My first for this campaign will be this superb Revell 2001 C5-R 'Vette. Straight from the box including the decals. No idea when I'll start it but it won't be too long.

hd4d70db.jpg

Ian.

Now that I am an hour from Daytona, I go to the 24hour race every year, with a guy that is a huge corvette fan, and huge a Porsche fan. Love endurance racing.

Will be watching Ian!
:drinks

Now that I am an hour from Daytona, I go to the 24hour race every year, with a guy that is a huge corvette fan, and huge a Porsche fan. Love endurance racing.

Will be watching Ian!
:drinks

An hour from Daytona... See you in April then Mike, we're staying there in a friends' beach condo for a coupla weeks :drinks

Ian.

Start-up pics:

Wxqv8Gh.jpg

4Ek2nDR.jpg

First thing to do, trace the mold lines with a marker and sand & polish them out:

oDOUzHr.jpg

51cai3j.jpg

Next, for my own reference, highlight the lift-off nose section, because I'm planning to build this one all opened-up and plumbed/wired to the best of my ability.

6C4fJ7V.jpg

wdP1L9s.jpg

iVPKsxp.jpg

Ughhh, ugly cut :facepalm :

UK1pxpp.jpg

All separated now, the red 'scars' are where the knife & saw blades slipped and gouged the surface. After the photos, I filled them with Squadron fine (grey) filler and sanded them back with various grades of wet'n dry.

kNbWOYQ.jpg

This is my 'serious' project to take me through the holidays and well in to the New Year. Stay tuned it could be fun, or it could be a complete dogs dinner, we'll find-out together.

AFN

Ian.

Back