• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

M3A3 Stuart

randy_ditton

Master at Arms
Hi All, Taking a break from the small scale stuff!

Have always liked the lines of this tank....

019-10.jpg

This kit from AFV Club is sweet!! Only changes I will make are some .30 cal. barrels from Aber and a pe set from Eduard.

Built this tank all buttoned up......

001-25.jpg

006-28.jpg

Will use the kit markings for a British tank in ETO.....

002-28.jpg

006-29.jpg

010-20.jpg

Probably spent twice as long on the stowage as I did building this one, A few bits from the spares box and homemade camo netting, tarp, tent...

006-30.jpg

001-26.jpg

003-30.jpg

Please feel free to comment :)

Randy

:)

Thanks for the comment, MG :)

Had to run off to work before I could upload all the photos last nite.....

012-13.jpg

014-16.jpg

015-11.jpg

019-11.jpg

007-18.jpg

009-20.jpg

First attempt at sandbags :)

004-25.jpg

007-19.jpg

010-21.jpg

005-22.jpg

002-29.jpg

011-20.jpg

001-27.jpg

004-26.jpg

005-23.jpg

007-20.jpg

009-21.jpg

010-22.jpg

011-21.jpg

012-14.jpg

013-12.jpg

016-13.jpg

017-6.jpg

I'm pretty happy with this one but for the tracks. Will work on those some more as I build a base for this one.

As always, comments are welcome.

Randy

Hi there Randy.

I love the grommets on the tarp. What did you make those with?

BTW, the British called the M-3 "Honey". That was because during tests in North Africa the tank was put through a lot of sharp turns and the tracks stayed on. After that test the tank commander was asked, "What do you think of it?" and he replied, "It's a honey of a tank!" That is how the M3 came to be called The Honey. Prior to the arrival of the M3 Honey British tanks were notorious for throwing a track in turns.

Cheers from Peter

Excellent build, The stowage looks precarious but very realistic. I'd also love to know how you made the tarp with grommets.

Ted

Simply in awe of all the effort put into all the stowage... it really completes the model! I love it! Sharp looking build you got there...

//Travis

Hi Randy , excellent attention to detail .......... everywhere !!!
Really super paint and intricacies overall , .... cool tie downs [ just the right sizing on the ropes ] , ... the contrasting non military coloring of some civi items - sweet !!!
The sand bags turned out way cool , ........ just so much to look at on a veritable " small " tank .

Cool .

Hello Peter, Always wondered where that name came from :)

Hi Ted, Glad you like it!

Guys, I found the gromments on Aber's pe set #A3521 " Straps and Buckles"

Thanks Travis, It is fun to do the stowage part and try to get some color into these green things

Glen, Thank you my friend, glad to see you survived the weekend. Soon as you quit icing the arm after all those shoes lets get back on the dio :)

Randy

Hi
Very much it are pleasant to me М3А3 and М5А1 :) Your work simply excellent :woohoo: And fine assemblage :)

Great job so far. Love the subject and the weathering - especially on the suspension and tracks... Very nice. :dude

Beautiful little piece (I think that OD olive drab is a beautiful color) and nice photo layout to view all the added detail.

alex wence, so/tex830

Very nice, Randy!! I especially like the "junk in the trunk" and the color is really realistic. (y)

Re:M3A3 Stuart update 7/11*** The Ridge***

Hello Alex, Glad you like it :)

Hi Mike, Careful there, commenting on my trunk :woohoo: :woohoo:

Put together a base for this one and actually finished a figure I am not too displeased with :)

Will post up some photos, Randy

" The Ridge"

This was actually supposed to be an update to the M3A3 Stuart post below :blush:

Oh Well!.....

Made up a small base and a fig.....

030-3.jpg

033-6.jpg

008-24.jpg

051-1.jpg

007-22.jpg

025-4.jpg

005-24.jpg

007-21.jpg

025-4.jpg

036-3.jpg

Let me know what you think :)

Randy

Re:" The Ridge"

That's one heck of a vantage point, but if they go any further forward, they'll find out the meaning to "Watch that first step, it's a lulu!" Looks sweet, Randy!! (y)

Back