• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

The Kalispell & Northen Railroad in On30

randy_ditton

Master at Arms
Hi Folks,

Thought I would post up some pictures of a small portion of my On30 layout. This scene wraps around an outside corner that protrudes into the isle of my train room. It is 13 inches deep.....

IMG_0545_zpsxmjv0ixq.jpg

IMG_0531_zpsevvspsqc.jpg

IMG_0534_zpsavf72lwq.jpg

IMG_0535_zpsedf3oozo.jpg

IMG_0536_zpsnqqhwfda.jpg

IMG_0551_zps5ifzxhxz.jpg

IMG_0548_zpsiqucpxvl.jpg

IMG_0547_zpsfwejif4u.jpg

IMG_0546_zps2lczd65n.jpg

IMG_0532_zpsqxronk0x.jpg

This railroad is my rendition of a small backwoods narrow gauge logging operation.

Thanks for looking in!

Randy

Yeah Randy ... Never occurred to me that you were a On30 modeler ... I love that Donkey engine ... and the Shay has always been my favorite ... excellent detail ... Maybe you would like to join our On30 yahoo group ...

The Texas Outlaws On30 on yahoo ... We will be at the Plano Train Show this weekend with about 20 2' X 4' modules ... and running our stuff ...
I recently bought a 2-truck shay but I'm afraid it still looks freshly shopped ... :woohoo: :notworthy (y) :train

This really gets back to what I've talked about in the past. Randy I think we featured your Donkey engine here before. Modeling is modeling regardless of what field of interest you're in. All these techniques can be applied to whatever we're building. Sure we don't have a rusted out aircraft but they sure do get dirty just like anything else that we pure oil products into.

There's just so many techniques that crosses the spectrum of modeling, we all can learn from all of it. (y)

This really gets back to what I've talked about in the past. Randy I think we featured your Donkey engine here before. Modeling is modeling regardless of what field of interest you're in. All these techniques can be applied to whatever we're building. Sure we don't have a rusted out aircraft but they sure do get dirty just like anything else that we pure oil products into.

There's just so many techniques that crosses the spectrum of modeling, we all can learn from all of it. (y)

You aint jus' whistlin' dixie!! I've been studyin' that layout & I am at a loss for words (y) (y) Alot can be shared in every genre of modeling...

Brilliant job Randy! I envy you the space to put one of those up. What remarkable detail you added too. That is one of my dreams, but given my current living conditions, I fear it will never happen.

Way to go!

Very very cool. Man I wish I had of kept up with trains. This is just way above awesome (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) :D
James

Sorry I missed this amongst all the chatter, but this is truly a work of art, Randy! Most impressive! :notworthy :drinks

Back