• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

'32 Ford Hot Rod

randy_ditton

Master at Arms
Time to post up the start of my second entry in this campaign( Probably the only one that will get done in time!!!)

Revel's offering of the 5 window coupe...

001-92.jpg

002-87.jpg

This build will be OOB with a little wiring belt work on the motor. Will try to do a nice clean build and attempt a shiny paint job.

Hopefully more soon!

Randy

It looks like Revell has updated the deuce! That kit was kit of the year back in 1995, builds up great! It appears they have changed engines, is that a hemi I see? Looking forward to this one Randy! (y)

Now thats gonna be one cool looking Rod. What colors are you thinking about using. I do kinda like the blue from the box art picture. Of course, that choice is up to you. Have at it and, most of all, Have fun!!!

Dave W.

Thanks to MP, Mike, Terry, Dave, Dave W, and Martin (y) (y)

Dave W, After a paint consult with Mike I'm going with a metallic black from the Testors Lacquer line 'Blaze Black' Wanted to try the flame decals and thought the darher color would work well.

Progress to date,

Stripping chrome parts....
013-37.jpg

engine work started, Mike it looks like a 392 hemi?, have to check with Jeff on this....

016-40.jpg

Body color on. Painted the cowl yellow, will run some flames off of that over the hood. Will use the door flames also..

004-74.jpg

010-59.jpg

Thinking of this wheel with blackwalls, going with the fenderless style like the blue one on the box art..

021-25.jpg

That is all for now, Thanks for looking in!

Randy

Looking good, Randy! That looks like the hemi from the '41 Willys kit, something tells me R-M is kit bashing their molds. (y)

Great project!

I'm thinking the same thing as Mike that the Hemi looks like it is from the Willys kit. Let me do some checking, the new Hot Rod Magazine has some stuff on the Hemi this month.

Thanks to MP, Dave And Mike for the kind words!!!

Jeff, Thank you (y)

Progress....

We have a roller!!!!!!!

028-17.jpg

Dropped the frontend a bit so had to make new shocks for the front but everything else so far is OOB...

030-12.jpg

035-15.jpg

036-10.jpg

Some mockups to check the stance..

037-8.jpg

050-6.jpg

041-8.jpg

I'm happy with the paint so after checking with Shiny paint guru Mike, will go ahead and add the flames then clear and polish. :) :)

Thinking dark grey on the floor with red upholstery. Some engine work and we're in the home stretch :D :D

Thanks for looking in,

Randy

That is turning into one totally mean looking Deuce coupe. I like how its coming. And a 392 Hemi under the hood will be AWESOME!!!

Dave W.

Yeah, Black, Gray and Red will be an awesome color combo, along with a righteous flame job on the flanks will be totally cool. Real nice job.

Dave W.

Back