• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Mack AC Tanker Finished!!!

randy_ditton

Master at Arms
I'm in!!

003-85.jpg

002-83.jpg

This is RPM's version in 1/72. Looks like great molding on this one!! Lots of parts, over 120 looks like.

Building this for my 1940 diorama, should be a blast :D :D

randy

Re: Mack AC Tanker

that's an awesome project!

but RPM? :unsure: ... i hope that your kit is better than what i had in my hands from that manufacturer - they earn the "kits from hell" award from my point of view!

Thanks, MP, Laura and Dave...

Laura, After breaking into the sprues I found not so great molding. Every part has a mold seam with some really bad mold shifts :( :(

So it's not perfect but will still have fun :) :)

couple of pics of progress...

004-69.jpg

005-81.jpg

006-73.jpg

Thanks for looking in!!

Randy

Gotta love that chain drive machinery! Go daddy-o! (y) :drinks

Thanks for commenting MP, Ron, Mike and Terry :notworthy :notworthy

Progress on the motor and frame....

004-70.jpg

002-84.jpg

005-82.jpg

007-69.jpg

011-57.jpg

Thanks for looking in!

Randy

:drinks You either have great eyes or one good pair of glasses! (y)

Thank you Gary, Luiz, MP, and Mike. Appreciate you guys taking the time to comment :) :)
Some progress....
Color and a decal on the tank, just wanted something blue with the decal.

This truck is one of thousands left in France after the first war and put into private service by a French company. In my 1940 diorama I will use the truck as clutter along a back of a building.

Will put this on a small base for now that will resemble it's final resting spot. It be an abandoned junker
004-71.jpg

006-74.jpg

002-85.jpg

006-75.jpg

001-87.jpg

019-30.jpg

Lots more junk to add and still work to do on the truck.

Thanks for looking in!

Randy

018-36.jpg

018-36.jpg

Wowzers, that was some quick work and really neat detailing and weathering (y) !

Holy Cow!!!!! Incredable work and so fast. Wheres the spinning head emoticon?? :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy (y) (y) :mpup
James

Back