• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Terry Labonte's '97 Chevy * * F I N I S H E D * *

ij001

'Start your engine'

h893b615.JPG

:coolio
Ian.

Breakfast with 'Texas Terry'

Ian I'm really enjoying your builds of these NASCARS After these kits have been setting in my shop forever I've all but tried to give the things away ...... I see One modeler who is building or built 4 ..... :popcorn .......

One man Nascar campaign! :popcorn

Not really, Boss, just coincidental that the campaigns dovetail in to my re-energized addiction to NASCAR model building. That said it's worked-out fine for me and you won't hear me complaining :v

Ian.

And not surprisingly the Chevy is also ready for priming...

Just like the Pontiac, it needs the air-dam blending-in and the mould seams removing but other than that, no problems with this part of the build.

he3cd10a.jpg

hb879a4b.jpg

h28f2e2f.jpg

h9664e9c.jpg

hd272b4f.jpg

Tomorrow, if I can make time, I'll prime the interior with Tamiya acrylic grey (and the Pontiac). Then it'll be all stop until I can get into town and buy a couple of rattle cans. Thanks for taking the time to look and/or comment.

he4dea4c_2015-05-04.jpg

More soon.

Ian.

I'm beginning to think I need to take some lessons from you on how to get things done. :D

Looks good to me :good:

Not really, Jeff, it kinda helps if you work from home, live in a tiny village with no pub/bar and are very easily distracted by shiny new toys and the like.

:blush:

Ian.

Looking very good there Ian ...... I need to get back to the bench ..... I couldn't logon here yesterday because I recorded Dega ..... And hadn't had a chance to watch it .... Great race ..... by the way and I won't spoil it by telling you who won ..... but anyway ...... looking good very good ...... :popcorn

Double the projects, double the work !! (and double the updates !!

h98fbaaf.JPG

Engines got their basic tones on. All Tamiya acrylics. Chrome Silver, Titanium Silver and Flat Aluminium (X11, X32, XF16)

And here's a spread of most of the parts as it stands this afternoon.

h03f29a9.JPG

Only colour left to paint is Satin black, and I've run-out until Monday !! - So the suspension arms, axles and A-Frames will need to wait. Just noticed only one steering column/wheel is painted aswell :facepalm .
Not to worry, still have almost all the padding on the drivers side of each cage to hand-paint aswell, so plenty to keep me busy before launching m'self at the body-shells.

As ever thanks for taking the time to look and/or comment.

Ian.

Really looks like a Mark production line ..... I'm seeing double nice Job .... Ian .... :eek:ldguy

Really looks like a Mark production line ..... I'm seeing double nice Job .... Ian .... :eek:ldguy

You're not wrong, funny you mention that, bud, as this is the last 'double' post I was planning to make. From here on, I'll focus on getting this across the line, then the Pontiac. For no other reason than I'm using the decals from the kit, for the Chevy, as mentioned previously the decals for the Ernie Irvan car are currently making their way across the Pacific !!

Thanks for looking, chaps.

Ian.

You're not wrong, funny you mention that, bud, as this is the last 'double' post I was planning to make. From here on, I'll focus on getting this across the line, then the Pontiac. For no other reason than I'm using the decals from the kit, for the Chevy, as mentioned previously the decals for the Ernie Irvan car are currently making their way across the Pacific !!

Thanks for looking, chaps.

Ian.

So you being (Living) where You do .... over here We Us Texans call that across the pond ..... :good:

Across the Pond = UK (Europe) to America
Across the Ditch = New Zealand to Australia

North America to New Zealand is 11hrs (from LA) or 14hrs from Vancouver - I've done both and it's truly uncomfortable !!

:gogo

Ian.

North America to New Zealand is 11hrs (from LA) or 14hrs from Vancouver - I've done both and it's truly uncomfortable !!

Ian.

I know what you mean .... I used to work for a International company out of Watford .... Jolly 'O (I think) been some time back ... from Dallas to London 10 hours .... once WE came back with a Rugby team on board ..... they stood at the back draining the liquor cabinet .... they plane flew Nose up al the way .... out of booze 30 minute after take - off ...... :eek:ldguy

Ian.

I know what you mean .... I used to work for a International company out of Watford .... Jolly 'O (I think) been some time back ... from Dallas to London 10 hours .... once WE came back with a Rugby team on board ..... they stood at the back draining the liquor cabinet .... they plane flew Nose up al the way .... out of booze 30 minute after take - off ...... :eek:ldguy

:rotf :rotf :rotf

Back