• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Broken glass

P

per olav lund

Hello

Just made a SBS of how to make broken glass on vehicles

White glue on thin plastic (the kind you wrap around food)
IMG_0096.jpg

Spread it out to a thin layer
IMG_0101.jpg

Sprinkle on De luxe materials Icy Sparkles
IMG_0103.jpg

Let it dry and peel it off the plastic.
IMG_0109.jpg

Cut to size and glue it onto the vehicle
IMG_0110.jpg

IMG_0115.jpg

To simulate broken glass on the ground simply sprinkle on the Icy Sparkles to the ground and secure it with Mig Pigment fixer.

Per Olav

Hey what a great idea Per Olav!
These simple ideas costing next to nothing are the best in my opinion...
That said, I think the glass you are simulating would be more suited to modern scenes as it seems to have the appearance of the shatterproof stuff we use nowadays? Or it is different in older vehicles or I'm talking through my hat :blink :laugh:
How does the method work sans 'sparkles' for an intact pane of glass?
Brad

BradJ wrote:
Hey what a great idea Per Olav!
These simple ideas costing next to nothing are the best in my opinion...
That said, I think the glass you are simulating would be more suited to modern scenes as it seems to have the appearance of the shatterproof stuff we use nowadays? Or it is different in older vehicles or I'm talking through my hat :blink :laugh:
How does the method work sans 'sparkles' for an intact pane of glass?
Brad

Hello

Brad B)
IMG_0117.jpg

Per Olav :)

*Rummages for hat*

I see the photo is adequate evidence mate ;)
Question still stands though; is it viable to use this method to achieve an intact pane of glass?
Brad

BradJ wrote:
Question still stands though; is it viable to use this method to achieve an intact pane of glass?
Brad

Hello Brad

If I understand right, yes, I think the best way would be to glue the Icy sparkles directly to the original intact windshield. They are very tiny so the thickness should be no problem. The transparency will be very bad though..

Regards

Per Olav

Hello Per Olav,

Thanks so much for this great tip, it looks easy to do and the effect is realy beautifull. Going to try this soon!

Erik

Back