• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Anthony 's Early Jagdpanther #302 Done 8/16

Tojo72

Here is my entry picture for this group build.I have a couple of things going,so no start date yet.It looks like a great kit and cant wait to tackle it.

DSC01315.jpg

Re: Anthony 's Early Jagdpanther #302

Neat a hedgerow bushwacker!!

Terry B)

Finally got a toehold on this one,here are a few progess shots:

DSC00028.jpg

DSC00034.jpg

DSC00033.jpg

DSC00032.jpg

Top is not glued on to lower hull,just sitting there,with the rest of the week off,should get some more bench time !!

good work!
I have the same to do...... but too much other models to do before this one. :pp

Looks good so far. How good is the fit upfront? There seems to be a large gap thats not going to be easy to deal with cause of the zim.

Looks like the detail is really nice!

B)

Good to see you on this one, Anthony. (y)

Ah B) this kit is awsome! Great job so far :popcorn

All the best!
Dusan.

Looks good so far. How good is the fit upfront? There seems to be a large gap thats not going to be easy to deal with cause of the zim.

Thanks,no problem in the previous pics,it wasn't fitted,just sitting on top,she closed up real well,the new pics will show this.

I like it, never built a panther but i must try it sometime :)
keep up the good work!

Hello all,

Well all major assemby is done,tools and cables will be added later.Now I will be on to some roadwheel madness,there sure are a lot of them.Here are a few progress shots.

DSC00038.jpg

DSC00040.jpg

DSC00041.jpg

DSC00039.jpg

DSC00042.jpg

RAIDER,

Coming along fine ! It's lookin Great ! I'm workin' on DML's Late G1 , It looks like this one went together great !!

Long live th SIlver & Black \m/

:drinks

Hello all,

Well all major assemby is done,tools and cables will be added later.Now I will be on to some roadwheel madness,there sure are a lot of them.Here are a few progress shots.

Well all looks to be going great. "Wheels" Ahhhh I feel your pain. :pinch:

:v

I've already built the DML Early and i've got the DML Late in the stash.
Watching this project has reminded me that I bought the Tamiya Late kit after I bought the DML Late.
Now why would I do that?

Something about G1 and G2 comes to mind. Did I buy the Tamiya kit because it has the correct hull (G2) and the DML Late had the incorrect G1 hull? :idonno

Are there any Panther experts out there that can set me straight?
Thanks
Tony lee

TONY,

You got th correct G2 - Tamiya. There is a line in the production - The G1 & G1 late - DML makes these.

The G1 was built on the Panther A chassis & the G2 was built on the Panther G . There's no way to correctly build a G2 on a DML Jag-Panther chassis. There are too many changes - The Slope on th Superstructure is more slanted , among other things.

The G1 "late" that Dragon has come out with simply denotes that there were changes to th production run . some of the stuff on th roof changed location & the elimination of the Zimmerit ( Sept 7th '44) at th start of th G1 late production is a big note.

I could go into a broader detail , but I don't want to Hi-Jack Raider's W.I.P. - Grab a copy of PanzerTracts 9-3 . It gives you everything you will want to know about th Lovable Jag-Panther. Then you could get Karl-Heinz Munchs' Combat History of the 654th. to further you knowledge - They turned into a JP battalion just before Normandy !

:drinks

Got the painting and decaling done.Here are some shots,no filters or weathering yet.

DSC00068.jpg

DSC00069.jpg

DSC00070.jpg

DSC00071.jpg

Back