• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Mantis German Motorcycle Crew

jknaus

Administrator
I just got the Mantis Motorcycle Crew 35030. Its very nice3ly molded with crisp details. I have only found one air bubble which is very small and easily fixed. For the driver you get a choice of 2 heads. One in a helmet and a scarf and the other in a winter cap and wearing a gas mask. From my reading a lot of motorcycle riders wore their gas masks to keep the chill wind off their face. The passenger is wearing a warm hat and scarf and has a blanket over his legs. He has a very finely molded pair of binoculars in his grasp. I had intended to put this pair in my new Zundapp K-800, but it is molded to fit in one of the squared off sidecars. I will see how much work is involved in putting him in my current model. I saw the driver could be bought separately. This is an awesome set of figures and I look forward to painting them.

fig3.jpg

fig2.jpg

fig1.jpg

James

I've got them all washed and ready for construction. Only problem is, as I thought, the passenger won't fit in the side car of my bike. So must get another bike or pass these on.
James

Fantastic figures, I would choose driver with gas mask B) look like a sc-fi... maby a bit :)

All the best!
Dusan.

Okay fitting the passenger into the side car isnt too bad. Cut out the plug and clean up coat edges and he almost fits perfect. Will have to put a crease in front of figure under blanket for him to fit better. Not bad really.

DSC02415.JPG

DSC02414.JPG

Yes I know my pic skills havent improved any.

And just so you can see what little I have accomplished. I have the base for the coat and a flesh base for the eyes. More to come.

DSC02412.JPG

By the way any thoughts on the coat??
James

JAMES ,

These figures look Bad AZZ !! I mean really Awesome !! It looks to Me that th Driver is wearing a Confiscated Russian Coat. I can't put My Paws on th pix , but a lot of this was seen around Karkov & Stalingrad (IIRC) . Similar to the Jacket that Pieper picked up in Karkov .... Lambs Wool Jacket The Cover Art has pretty much nailed it !! I think They call those jackets here in th States a Sheep Herders Jacket or a Shepard's Jacket ?

Got this bike kit so watchin with interest, lookin good sofar. :popcorn :java
Love the figures to,shame I can't get them here. :(

.Kurt.

Got this bike kit so watchin with interest, lookin good sofar. :popcorn :java
Love the figures to,shame I can't get them here. :(

.Kurt.

I got mine from ebay from Old Dog Models http://myworld.ebay.ca/olddogmodels/&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2754

He is an excellent seller and I have dealt with him a fair amount.
James

Thanks guys. Motor cycle came in yesterday and that gave me impetuous to put the side car together to fit the passenger. I got the figures just because of the coat and gas mask. Hope I get it right. Wondered if I might have gotten the base coat too dark, but feel better now. More to come in figures as I paint.
James

JAMES,

That Gas Mask is a Big Plus !! Th Germans also used to wear a Gas Mask when 1st. firing the Panzerschreck. I've seen a News Reel of it .. It's pretty neat.

As far as th coat goes, I would think that with a few washes & some drybrushing ... you could make it look well worn by it's rider !! A few "spatters" here & there !!!

'lookin' forward to it !!

Those figures are cool and your painting will do them justice! Looking forward to your updates. (y)

Back