• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Modelfest 2017 Show-Me State Modelers

Rhino

Super Moderator
Again, I wish to remind my Model Publick, that this is in NO way a complete report. Pictures of models that catch my eye, and my usual ridiculous commentary.
h1ff0d16.JPG

h7895a49.JPG

Brummbar & Rhino arrive, 1030-ish in Liberty Missouri for IPMS West Central Missouri's Modelfest 2017.
Weather was CAVU, and the Bird operated as hoped. I like going South. It feels like you coast downhill most of the way. :rotf
h228018d.JPG

h21677eb.JPG

h0412120.JPG

Not everyone enjoys being in my pictures.
hf234f3a.JPG

About the mid-morning contest room. Models in the middle, vendors around the outside. I'll confess as the day wore on, and more Model Maniacs arrived, the space became just a mite cozy.
hc761532.JPG

Purty NASA F-15 Eagle!
hf9d14cc.JPG

1/48 TU-4 AWACS conversion. OOoooooohh!!!!

Chris,
Great photos of a wonderful show. Cinda and I had a great time with you and Don.
Here are a couple of photos that I took to go with your photos.
20170826_103756.jpg

20170826_103816.jpg

Mad Max lives
20170826_103702.jpg

Nice work on this 747 / Shuttle combo.
20170826_103440.jpg

F-15's are always a favorite.
Frank

Modeler's Alliance members that I know of, in attendance. Brummbar, Rhino, Frank, Mr. T, Tomcat (Joe Lotz). When Frank & Cinda go to the same show I do, they appear in many of my pictures. I still do not know why.
he10db8f.JPG

he8654c9.JPG

h57ae0a5.JPG

I liked this B-25 Modification. Holly firepower! I can't see why the inboard waist gunners need guns. :hmmm
Still, not a commonplace build by any means! :good:
h51f452f.JPG

h8689141.JPG

h8ce732a.JPG

h7f217c5.JPG

Cool Aircraft. Many, many fine models here today! I do not envy the Judges.
hb1db362.JPG

Dragon 1/35 Opel Maultier Ecnalubma.
h3ae3b9a.JPG

h4a7256b.JPG

Richard Sliwka's 1/350 USS Perry. Knox Class frigate. His usual fine job, and Best of Ships :captain :salute

Thanks Frank! I'm glad not to bear all the Show-reporting burden! :ro:
h2749370.JPG

Another USS Perry angle. John Lanning (In the background) was wearing a shirt that said "I Fart in your general Direction!" I did my best not to cross John to close astern! John's a fine modeler and very funny fellow!
hed068eb.JPG

heb1b70f.JPG

Ed Burgess womped up this Award-winning undersea explorer. I can see inverted Thunderbolt and plenty of creativity!!
h6dd6fee.JPG

I'm unsure what this is, but I thought it was neat, in a battering-ram sort of way!
hb8b4ae2.JPG

h16d854e.JPG

I was remiss with regard to Auto & Armor fans in my National Contest pitchurs. I'm trying to mend my ways!
h8556e23.JPG

It was a big day for Sox & Martin 'Cudas! Shiney! Oooohh! Purty!
h3240769.JPG

Still Kickin'! Many Friends, old & new in Liberty today!
hd654821.JPG

The Tool Guy! :yipee Forceps & Tweezers & clamps, OH MY!
h1c3adb9.JPG

Good old Frank! A fixture in these Missouri shows, Makes a fine carmodel and a great guy too!

See, I figger when I make it to a Model Show, that this is my very own personal Playground. All y'all that show up are consenting to be MY Playthings! I try to Play with as many of you as I can. As I age, I find contests are less about models to me and more about My People. Darren Roberts is the unquestioned Ruler of Conviviality, and Enthusiasm. I may never reach the same Gemutlichkeit Level as Darren, but I'm working on it!!
ARMOR!
hb5222da.JPG

h1ce50b6.JPG

Anybody recognize this 1/35 General Lee (can we still say that on M/A?) Tank Model kit?
ha562f64.JPG

h56fb00e.JPG

h806f35c.JPG

Why are they called "Armor" Aren't all these models made of plastic? Don't seem all that durable to me. Bless their Hearts.
hb6e1c8e.JPG

heb62d3b.JPG

More of my "Playthings" in the pitchurs

he260517.JPG

A very tidy 1/350 USS Buchanan.

Figures!
There were not lots of figures, but ALL of them were AMAZING!
h1401616.JPG

Now I know what Hannibal looked like. I wondered about that.
h29afa84.JPG

"Alana" puts me in mind of Marisa Tomei. Check out the skin tones and Her eyes! Too cool! I couldn't hear her Biological Clock tickin'!!
h855bb9e.JPG

Maximus was very convincing!
h7723d95.JPG

I liked the Wolf Warrior (?) too.

hc036bb5.JPG

h3bb51e2.JPG

We went to lunch at the Waffle House (I know, Groan, wince.) I finished my Waffle even! Us Yankee boys ain't s' hard to pleeze as you Suthuhn Men. Anyway, A local motorcycle club was collecting for the March Of Dimes. Their 1/1 Figures were music for the eyes.
h1f1c4be.JPG

Joakeen Loats won quite a few awards. Aimee, 2016's IPMS Webmistress of the Year, and Randy Fields also pictured.

h8efdff1.JPG

Mr T. won the Judges Grand Award for his Stormtrooper Figure. Oddly enough, I didn't take a picture of it.
He's lost so much weight, that his thinner hands had difficulty hanging on to the 1/32 Revell Ag AR-196 Kit he bought.
S'okay, it was already in pieces! :rotf

he473b88.JPG

The one Time Frank could not be found. The Modeler's Alliance Group Photo! Silly Frank!

h5cefa3a.JPG

Packing up for the Road Home.

hdf4b075.JPG

I bought 4 kits, I received 2 presents, and won the rest in the raffle! It was a very fine day!
My Thanks to The Show-Me State Modelers for knowing what kind of a Modeler I am, and having the courage or being foolish enough to invite me nonetheless! HA!! The Modelfest Show is growing UP!

Thanks to my other Friends for looking in!

Thanks Chris. Looked like a fun meet .

Some unusual modeling in these parts . Must be caused by the rum :rotf

Cheers, Christian B)

I thought MrT was a bit taller. Thanks for the photos Chris! I might try to make a trip there next year. This last Saturday was a show in Huntsville Alabama. I had to work to make up time from some dental work earlier in the week so didn't leave Memphrica.

Thanks, Brother. I am certain the Show was lessened without your presence. :eek:ldguy :salute

Wow, some amazing models there! I love seeing so many unique and unusual subjects along with the masterful work on more realistic and historical models.

You had the Tool Man there! I love the Tool Man! I always fill up on his stuff when I see him.

Wow, Terry has lost weight! Congrats man!

Thanks for the awesome report.

Just looked up where Liberty is located. Kansas City area. (UGH!) While my brother lives there, it is a 8-1/2 to 9 hour drive. Huntsville is only a couple of hours. I don't think I will be doing a weekender to Liberty next year. Will just have to see how things go.

Well, We'll just miss you then. You add an ephemeral element to the Model Mania of what a really good Show is!
I hope we get a chance to "Play" again sometime, Paul!
Dixie Flyer. Headed South next February!!! Interested?!?! :drool

Back