• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Adalbertus 1:35 Scale Street Cart

Iron Mike

Master At Arms And Resident Curmudgeon
Browsing Ebay last week turned up this cool little kit from Adalbertus, a 1:35 scale street cart and vegetables. It is well detailed and cast, looks like it will be a fun addition to an upcoming build.

h62de031.JPG

h7201233.JPG

h7e054eb.JPG

h5453150.JPG

h16633cd.JPG

h590fabf.JPG

h70df386.JPG

At #12.75 USD, it seems worth the price. Thanks for coming by!

:drinks

Build up is pretty simple.

h251c722.JPG

ha56c43b.JPG

Waiting on the cordless Dremel to charge so I can remove some of the pour blocks on the groceries.
More to come, thanks for coming by.

Got all the casting blocks removed and made handles for the pail and the cream can. I don't like the bail on the pail, so that's going to be reworked.

h157e266.JPG

h5848f63.JPG

Got the load on, ready to market.

hd6f8dd5.JPG

h87d969f.JPG

There are some things I am going to rework, but I wanted to stay with what came from the kit for the review. On to the paint shop!

Thanks, guys! You can see more here. http://www.armahobby.com/manufacturer/adalbertus

Colorize it, you say? I've never tried something like this, what's the worst that can happen??? :blink I base coated the cart with Tamiya Flat Brown to give some shadows.

hdc81cf5.JPG

h9dff307.JPG

I've been intrigued by Lifecolor Paints, but have never had any, SO

hab7df1a.JPG

I ordered a set! Diving in with a very thinned mix and a dry brush to pick up the excess and blend.

hd58b887.JPG

h46f22eb.JPG

Next color, same method.

hd58b887_2017-09-03.JPG

hf593607.JPG

I'm going to let this dry and then add more thinned layers. Wish me luck!

That is a cool cart . Looks like it needs more tones but I certainly don't know how to do it .

Good luck :good:

Cheers, Christian B)

Yes, it needs more tones. I ran into issues with not letting it fully dry between coats where the thinner was removing part of the layers. What you see here is two of the six colors applied and of course, there will be oil washes after that. :frantic

Yes, it needs more tones. I ran into issues with not letting it fully dry between coats where the thinner was removing part of the layers. What you see here is two of the six colors applied and of course, there will be oil washes after that. :frantic

I think I just did the same with the washes on that interior. :facepalm

Are those Enamels or Acrylics Mike ?

Cheers, Christian B)

Sorry, the box says Acrylics.....and here I say that people that don't bother to read make me crazy :pinch:

Cheers, C B)

:laugh:

I just started trying to put on thin streaks, thinking I'll continue building layers until it looks passable. I really haven't worked on the wheels any yet either. The Lifecolor paints seem to be excellent for brush painting and when thinned, seem to retain their integrity. But what the heck do I know? :mpup

Back